Chapter 20

He was gone. I knew that, it still hurt though. As my feather blurred my world around me I knew I wouldn't see him ever again. He was one of the only people to understand me. I didn't know him long but it sure felt like I did.

Crust and Ryukyu were both still coming towards me. Closer and closer as each second passed. Hero Killer had already been defeated. He was tossed around like a dog's chew toy. From left to right.

I vanished before Crust or Ryukyu could get their hands into me. One second passed until I landed somewhere else. Just not there.

I kept myself there, just still processing what just happened. I felt myself fall to the ground of where I was. My hands gripped the stones that were placed. Soon enough blood leaked from my hands.

I felt a warm hand cover mine, stopping me from hurting myself anymore, "You shouldn't hurt yourself."

Dabi... Oh, thank god.

"You're here."

"Yeah, you told me to stay," he said. He looked down at my hands. He took them and put them in his.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I think he knew the answer, but I shook my head anyways. He didn't say anything else after that.

He guided me to my feet, slowly. When he was sure I wouldn't fall back to the floor he kneeled to his bag.

As he did that I took time to interest myself in my hands. There was dirt covering the outsides of the bruises and now dry blood smeared all around my hands. If I didn't clean this up soon, my hands will get infected.

Dabi pulled my mask off to have a proper view of my face. He tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and placed his hand on my cheek. His thump rubbed circles calming me, especially when his usual dark eyes were now bright turquoise.

His forehead laid against mine. I was a little thrown off why Dabi was being like this. I didn't mind it at all. Honestly, I craved this. He gives me something I have never felt before. I think Dabi is... very special to me...

"Here," Dabi softly took my left hand and dabbed it with a wet cloth. I hissed when it made contact with my hand, but I maintained myself. He stopped for a moment every time my hand twitched.

Now my left was clean and he moved on to my right to do the same. Again, he did it as softly as he could. Why was he being so gentle?

I looked at him as he cleaned me up. He furrowed his eyebrows the slightest bit and his hands were making sure not to use too much pressure.

Now both my hands were clean from infection. Though there would be some scars left. I could tell Dabi was staring at me while I stared at my hands.

He sighed, "Come on we gotta get back."

Dabi wrapped his arm around me as we walked back home. I'm the cold of night, while the hero's killed a man that just wanted peace. They don't understand. Why is everyone so blind?

As Dabi and I walked back to where we called home, the hero's we're celebrating getting another villain. Soon enough it would be us that they would be celebrating getting rid of. I wouldn't let them though.

I thought about the events that happens earlier. I was too caught up in everything to even realize what Dabi did. He saved me. He didn't have to... but he did.