Chapter 17

Dabi and I were walking down the street. I had dropped off Muga a while ago for his internship. I liked walking with Dabi. I didn't have to talk with him. We could just hangout together and not talk a word. I liked that.

Dabi opened the door to a fast food place and allowed me to walk inside first. We sat at the back of the place like usual and only got a fry and drinks.

"Are you sure the league is going to come to us," Dabi finally spoke.

"What makes you think they won't."

"I'm not saying they won't... it's just I'm bored and we barely go out of base," he said, "Especially me cause ya know," he pointed to his scars.

"Yeah... yeah I get it."

I sighed, "If by the end of the week we arn't approached by them... I guess we can approach them."

"It's not that I care to join them I just need something to do."

I narrowed my eyes.

"Yeah right," I roll my eyes, "don't act like you haven't been burning a few people around the city every now and then."

He looked surprised, "yeah, don't think I haven't seen the burnt corpses around the city."

He chuckled to my response, "alright, you got me."

I smiled, "Whatever, just don't make it too obvious."

"Whatever you want boss."

"Don't call me that."

"Oh," Dabi raised his brows, "And why not. You are the boss arn't you."

"What... no we make decisions as a team."

"Sure."

The server brought out the frys and drinks that we ordered. For the rest of the time the both us us were quiet.

Once we finished eating the food to hold us over until later we left.

We walked down the street and we were ready going back home.

I always have these thoughts in the back of my head about Dabi. Thoughts like being closer to him. There have been a few times when Dabi would scoot closer to me when we go out to eat.

Usually, because of my light body, I get cold a lot easier so when Dabi's leg or our arms are touching it made me feel warm.

Over the years I got a lot closer to Dabi. I would say even though I met Toga first, Dabi and know each other better. In a room I know when he is uneasy, as I. Even though we know eachother well there is still that one question that I don't know the answer to.

Would he save me? Would he put his own life in danger for me?

I would never ask him to. I would never want us to be in that position, but do I mean as much to him as he does to me?

3rd POV

Before she knew it she noticed she was walking in front of Dabi. He was kicking a rock as he walked behind her. Their eyes met for a moment. He stopped walking the moment she turned around. His eyes found interest in hers as did hers. They looked at eachother like two so far from eachother, but very much in love.

"Why are you walking behind me," (Y/N) asked Dabi.

"I just got distracted," he said slowly his eyes flickering between her and her lips.