Chapter 5

Dabi and I walked in the silence of night. It was probably now past 8pm. It seemed that we were both slowly walking back, more myself since he was following me back.

I suppose I was taking longer to walk back cause I had my mind trying to wrap around everything. A year ago I was a lone wolf, no one to talk to and now that I think about it, there were times where I talked to myself.

The air tonight was cold, even with my jacket on. I suppose Dabi was warm since his quirk warms him up. Unfortunately mine is the opposite. Since my quirk has to do with feathers it makes me light and that makes my body colder at night.

Not many people were walking in the streets at this time. It was Dabi and I and some other people. It was quiet. It liked silence. It wasn't weird or anything, comfortable actually.

Earlier today I didn't like Dabi. Walking with him now I have to say my opinion has changed. When he isn't puffing out snarky lines, he's pretty tolerable. It's weird to be with people again in such a long time.

A year ago I was by myself, no Toga, who I now consider a friend and Dabi. Dabi... who is Dabi. For someone who is bold and fearless he had so many locks that I just couldn't find the key to.

His quirk was strange to me though. He had a fire quirk but his body had burns by fire. Shouldn't he be more resistant to fire?

I put my hands in my pockets as we both strolled down the street more. They were mostly empty until my finger crossed something cold.

I pulled it out and recognized it to be the ring Dabi gave me from earlier today.

"It doesn't mean anything," Dabi finally spoke from the silence. "You can keep it honestly."

"So then why did you give it to me in the first place," I questioned.

"I dun know," he paused,"guess so you wouldn't forget about my offer."

I hummed in response.

"So," he paused, "what's your favorite color."

"Excuse me."

"What."

I looked up at him oddly,"you just joined a group of villains and the first thing you are going to ask me is my favorite color?" I had to laugh.

"I'm not the best in conversations," he said.

I breathed in the cold winter,"yeah, you and me both."

He let out a small chuckle? I didn't know he could do more than smile.

"You never told me how you got past my I spy quirk," I said.

"Well I knew your quirk was only used to see almost 360 not farther away, so I just watched you for a day or so from a far. It's not like I was stalking you or anything."

"Right..."

"Do you want the ring back," I asked.

"Nah keep it, think of it as a token of my trust," he said.

I nodded and put the ring in my pocket. I would have put it on my finger but the ring was too big.

It was a moment before Dabi spoke again ,"what hero do you hate the most."

"Easy, blade," I spat.

"Isn't he like in the top 20... I thought you would hate someone in the top 10."

"He was the one that fucked up my life."

And Katsuya's.

"I'm planning on getting revenge on him one day."