... 010

Emilia hummed as she walked down the candy isle, scanning over each of the candies picking out a few chocolate bars "i really don't need anymore candy" Emilia whispered as she grabbed a Hershey's bar "but who would it hurt" Emilia mumbled shrugging and throwing it into her basket.

Emilia continued her walk around the store now reaching the kitchen appliances. She slowed down as she passed the kitchen knifes. They were all a decent size, so she snatched one off the shelf and quickly opened it.

Emilia's head snapped towards the end of the isle as the sound of a can dropping came from the direction. With how quiet the store was it could have been from across the store, she could kinda hear Sam and deena's conversation but she was closer to them then she was to the others.

Emilia stood up quickly, clutching the knife in her hand. She slowly made her way to the end of the hall getting ready to dig a knife into someone's throat.

Then sudden screams caused the girl to flip her head around pausing. A million thoughts ran through her head in that moment but her legs began to move and she was already at the front of the store.

Emilia arrived at the end of the isle slipping on something and falling to the ground. Emilia looked down at what she had slipped on and almost puked as she noticed it was vomit.

Emilia jumped up once she noticed the guy with the skull mask running towards her "oh shit" She yelled stumbling up to her feet.

Emilia ran towards the counter jumping over it and landing on the other side sliding across the floor and into a machine. She heard it click on as she stood up her eyes flickered over to Kate as she sat in the corner.

Suddenly Emilia was tackled down her body slamming to the floor along with a certain masked man. Emilia tightly grabbed the knife in her hands and shoved it into his neck.

The man fell to the ground as Emilia jumped up. He swung his leg out pulling her legs out from under her and sending her onto her back her head smacking the floor.

Kate, taking a chance, jumped up and hit him over the head with a cupcake pan though it did nothing as the dude turned around to face her "shit" Kate said. Skull mask grabbed her hair and slammed her head down on the cake that read "happy 12th birthday Lucas" he rolled Kate over and stabbed his knife in her lower chest.

Emilia finally stood up placing her hand on the back of her head. She was bleeding. Emilia let out a quiet groan blinking a few times to adjust her vision. Her eyes eventually fixed on the scene in front of her.

Emilia grabbed the knife off the floor running up to the boy and stabbing it into the back of his head. He lightly stubbled back, taking his attention off of Kate and back onto Emilia.

Skull mask came running back at Emilia his knife raised in the air. Emilia swung her hand up shoving his hand down before grabbing the cupcake pan and hitting him across his head.

Emilia looked up at the moving machine now a thought crossing her mind and within a moment she was shoving his head threw the machine splattering blood everywhere.

Emilia stared down at the body. She did it, she stopped him, she saved kate. Her smile was huge as she turned around to look at Kate but when they locked eyes she knew something was wrong.

The girl paused for a moment as her eyes traveled down to Kate's left hand which was now covered in blood.

Suddenly Kate stumbled back catching herself on the counter for a moment before falling onto the floor, in that short moment Emilia had ran over to Kate catching her before she slammed against the ground.

"Oh my god" Emilia mumbled, her hands now shaking as she held on to Kate. Emilia's eyes went wide as she stared at the blood that painted Kate's stomach. There was so much blood.

Emilia pressed her hands on the wound, trying to stop the blood. "Kate" Emilia said panicky "no, no, no"

Emilia looked around the area looking for something to stop the bleeding, but there was nothing. Emilia glanced down at her shirt pausing for a moment before pulling it off leaving her in just a tank-top.

Emilia quickly pressed the shirt on top of Kate's stomach using it to soak up the blood. She looked back up at Kate who's head was rested against the floor her eyes half way shut.

"Hey Kate, I need you to keep your eyes open for me okay." Emilia said using one of her hands to brush some hair out of her face. Kate took in a deep shakey breath opening her eyes wide, trying to focus on something.

"I'm so tired" Kate whispered slowly blinking, Emilia quickly looked back up at Kate "Kate no, hey, don't fall asleep okay, stay awake" Emilia said her voice cracking.

Emilia pulled Kate's body up resting her on her leg "look at me" Kate looked at her "i have absolutely no idea what I'm doing right now, but I do know that if you fall asleep there is a very big possibility that you won't wake up" Emilia quickly said keeping her eyes on Kate's.

Suddenly Emilia felt Kate's hand press against her own, she glanced down at her hands as Kate pulled them away from her body, Interlacing their fingers.

"Emilia" Kate's voice was soft "It's okay"

Emilia paused, what.

"It's okay" Kate repeated her eyes slowly closing.

"Hey, no. Kate, no" Emilia said letting go of Kate's hands and bringing her own up to Kate's cheeks " I promised to keep you safe alright, I promised and I- I never break my promises" Emilia said her voice shaking.

"Emilia" Kate whispered "what" Emilia snapped keeping her eyes on the girl "it's okay" Kate said her voice deeper then last time.

"no, stop saying that" Emilia said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Emilia, you can't save me" Kate said pressing her hand against Emilia's cheek.

"yes I can alright" Emilia said removing her hands from Kate's cheeks and applying them back onto her shirt.

"it's to late" Kate said grabbing Emilia's hand "no let me do this" Emilia said ripping her hands away and putting them back on kates would.

More tears began streaming down Emilia's face as she sat there "I'm so sorry" She mumbled looking back up at Kate who sent her a small smile "it's not you're fault" Kate said pressing Emilia's forehead against her own "I love you." Kate's hand then fell from Emilia's face dropping onto the floor. Emilia's eyes quickly opened as she felt Kate's body suddenly go limp in her arms.

"Kate" Emilia cried shaking the girls limp body. "Kate, hey, hey look at me" Emilia said lifting her head up, but there was no reply. Emilia looked into Kate's eyes hoping for something, but there was nothing, her eyes were empty.

"no, no, no, you- no, Kate" Emilia cried. Emilia lifted kates body up rapping her in her arms. "I love you" Emilia said holding kates lifeless body in a hug.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry" Emilia whispered as she cried into Kate's neck.

Emilia looked up at the sudden sound of footsteps.

Simon and Josh.

Both staring at the girl cradled in Emilia's arms. Emilia eyes wandered to the man running up behind Simon, but before she could say anything, his axe had sliced threw half of the blondes head.

Josh quickly took off down the hall while Emilia stayed in place to weak to get up and move.

She watched as skull mask slowly stand up grabbing his knife that laid right next to her, then he disappeared.