Chapter 19- The beginning of the end...

"What is it you want from me?" I asked him quietly. My heart was racing and I was almost positive that my small bunk that I was laying down in was slowly becoming smaller, and smaller. I began sweating and it was becoming difficult to breath.

"You know what I want," He paused, probably for dramatic effect. "I want my money,"

"We don't know where my father is, I'm sorry, but the FBI cut off all contact with anyone and everyone we ever knew, I couldn't tell you where he is even if I wanted to." I thought about how all he cared about was money. Then an idea sprung up in my little brain. "But, if you tell me how much money you need, I might be able to get it for you."

"Your father owed me sums of money you wouldn't be able to fathom, so it;s better you just tell me where he is before I have to shoot someone else."

"We don't know, I swear, but I can get you the money, just give me some time, I'll get it."

"I highly doubt it, but okay. Let's make a deal."

A deal was the last thing I wanted to make with him, i was selling my soul to satan.

"How much do you need?"

"4 million" He said quietly.

"Give me 5 days. And I'll have either my father or your money. If I bring you either you let me and my family go, and you stop looking for us. You stop trying to hunt us down. We get to live our lives without the fear of being kidnapped and killed. We get to stop running." I was stern and my voice sounded firm and unmoving.

Higgins sat on the other line, I could hear the puffs of air he exhaled, as my proposition floated around in his devious head. It's like I could practically see the ways he was thinking of screwing me over.

"So do we have a deal?" I asked.

"We do, you bring me either my money or your father, and I'll let your family go, but on one condition. you only have 3 days."

"Fine, 3 days, where are you so I know where to bring your form of... payment."

"Just give me a call at this number and we'll meet somewhere for the exchange. Happy hunting." He said. And the line cut off.

I took a deep breath, I had to get off this bus if only for a moment. I walked to the front of the bus, Ashton, Calum and Michael were all sitting at the little table thing.

"Hey Ana," Ashton said to me. I barely heard him, It was like I was underwater or something. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, I'm fine," I stumbled a little, my head felt like Jell-O. "I'm just a little light headed and..." I trailed off leaning on the table for support.

"I think you need some fresh air." One of the boys said.

"Sit down Ana,"

I sat on the floor of the bus and I saw one boy walk to the front I couldn't tell who it was though.

"Go get Mama Hemmings." Ashton was sitting in front of me. One of them went to get Liz, soon enough she was in front of me asking if I was okay. I couldn't breathe the bus walls were closing in on me. I started hyperventilating, then a pair of arms scooped me up and took me off the bus. I was put down on the hard pavement of the road.

"Ana take deep breaths," I heard someone say. I was shaking now. Someone tried to hug me but I couldn't stand the feeling. It made me feel even more confined than I already did.

"Dont touch me!" I screamed. I curled myself into a ball and began crying. I couldn't help myself.

<Liz's POV>

I looked at the small sobbing mass on the ground that was Ana St. James. What had happened to make her this upset? She'd had a panic attack, But what on Gods green earth could've made her have one as bad as this.

"Boys, go on the bus, give her some time." I said. I shuffled 3 of them back on the bus, but Luke remained. "She needs some time Luke, the least you can do is give her a little space."
Being the smart alack that he was he took two steps backwards. "You know what I mean," I said.

"Yes mum, I know what you mean, but I'm not leaving her right here on the side of the road." He said matter of factly.
"Alright," I patted his shoulder, and walked onto the bus.

<Luke's POV>

I couldn't help but think that I'd caused this. I did love her, with all my heart and I never should've questioned her love for me. She wouldn't do that to me. Weather she's Jessica or Ana, I love the person she is on the inside. And that person is my soul mate, there's no one on this planet that could replace the space she's filled in my heart.

I crouched down across from her. I tried to put my hand on her knee, but she jerked away. I hated myself for what I'd said, and what I didn't say.

"Ana?" I searched for her eyes. Her beautiful green eyes. "Ana look at me,"
She looked up slowly, her eyes were red and her cheeks puffy from the crying. Her breathing was unsteady and she coughed a few times.
"Ana, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I love you, a lot" I said.
"I know," She said. "I love you too."
"Then why did you have a panic attack?" I asked.
"Because, I have 3 days to get either 4 million dollars, or find my father who has now dropped off the face of the earth." She said, she lowered her head back into her hands.
"What happened?" I was shocked.
"Higgins kidnapped my family, and at this moment is probably threatening to shoot all of them in the face if they don't tell him where my father is." She said.
"What do we do?"
"It's not 'WE' Luke," She said. "It's me, I have to do this. I have to keep my family safe. I have find my father and the 4 billion knowing Higgins he won't let them go until he has both. And by the time I can get both they'll already be dead."

I sat back, no longer having the energy to crouch down. I took a deep breath.
"No Ana. When you told me your secret you brought me into this also. It's you and me now, we are going to do whatever we have to get your family safe again. Got that?"

"This is the exact thing I was scared of. I don't want you or anyone else getting hurt by this." She said. "I don't want you to get caught in the crossfire."

"I understand your concern. But, I would take a bullet if it means that you get to live."

"Well you won't have to, because I'll be gone by the time we get to the next stop. I'm calling Samantha." She said.

She pulled out her phone and dialed a number. She pressed the the phone to her ear and I grabbed it from her.

"What are you doing?!" She reached for the phone but I held it out away from her.

"I'm not letting you leave in the middle of the night to your potential death via crazy psycho reincarnated godfather character!" I was stammering and frustrated with my girlfriend. How could she just not want my help? I would take a bullet for her. I would gladly step in the crossfire if it meant she got to live. "I'm in this with you. I would die for you, I love you"

"I know you love me. And I love you, that's why I'm not letting you do this. I'm not letting you risk your life and everyone elses lives just because I fucked up by telling you what was going on. I should've never told you! Thats my fault. And, well, this sucks. Because, if I make it out of this alive then I'll have to leave, I won't be able to do anything about it! I'll have to leave and get a new name a new identity and you and all the rest of the boys will have to forget all about me. I don't want that to happen because I love all of you, I love you guys so much that it might literally kill me if I let you get hurt by something that's my fau-" She stopped talking and choked up a little bit. She started crying again.

"Anastasia please stop crying crying isn't going to fix anything that's going on, if anything its going to make things worse." I handed her back her phone. "Call Samantha, maybe we can get this whole thing straightened out. And you won't have to leave, just contact her and the FBI and everything will be better."

I handed her her phone and she began dialing.

------------

Heyy sorry this is short but boom pow a new chapter!! Hey hey!! Lol

Don't forget to favorite add to library and leave a comment!!!!

Love all of you. Biyas.