Chapter 2- bedrooms and homeroom.

We landed in Sydney at about 2 am, which wasn't appreciated very much. But, anyway, there was someone in a black suit waiting for us in the baggage part of the airport holding a sign that said St. James on it.

" That's us" samatha said as she grabbed her bags off the conveyor belt. She walked over to the man and said something to him, but I wasn't close enough to hear. Nor did I really care that much. We got into a black van and the man drove us to a suburban area on the other side of Sydney. It was a nice looking neighborhood. We stopped at a small house on the corner of a street called "Charleston", he pulled into the driveway and started unloading our luggage. Samantha walked up to the house and looked in the mailbox for a key, she found one and opened the door.

"Come on everyone grab your bags and come inside." Samantha said walking through the front door. I grabbed my bags and walked in behind Samantha exited to see my new home. When I walked into the house there was a a staircase to the left that I assumed went up to the bedrooms. We walked around the corner and hit the living area, in there was a large sectional lounge with recliners and a coffee table, on either side of the sectional were two side tables with matching lamps and then a wall mounted television on the other side of the room. There were to doorways one lead to the kitchen and the other lead to a hallway with another door to the kitchen. We walked into the kitchen and it had a lot of counter space which I could tell my mother loved. It was a rather large kitchen with a dining space attached. We walked out of the dining and kitchen space and walked down the hallway. Samantha said according to the layout she found on the side table in the lounge room there was one bedroom at the end of the hall off the kitchen and a half bathroom in the hallway also.

"Who would like to have the room at the end of the hall?" Samantha asked.

No one really answered considering we hadn't even seen the room yet.

"I'll take it" I said just because I didn't like the awkward looking around and silence.

"Good, it's through the door at the very end of the hall" She told me although I was already walking to the door. When I walked through there was a staircase that lead to a kind of loft space. I walked up the stairs and I couldn't belive the room I was seeing! It was amazing. It was like whoever owned the house before us had turned the attic into an amazing bedroom. There was a queen sized bed in the far corner with a sled style head and footboard. On the bed was a black and white patterned quilt and at least a thousand pillows. There was a fuzzy black rug peeking out from under the bed, and a mahogany bedside table. On the table was a lamp and an alarmclock. The room was rather long and was like my own little loft space. There was a writing desk on the wall opposite the bed. A wardrobe next to it. There was another door at the far end of the room that I assumed was a bathroom, I looked in, nothing special really. Just a basic bathroom with a bathtub and a toilet and a sink and a mirror. I was pretty sure I had the best room in the house. I walked down the stairs and through the door to find the rest of my family. I walked back through the kitchen and lounge and went upstairs to see Bethany in a room that was kind of small but still big, I walked in to see a bed and a desk and a closet and bathroom. I walked into the bathroom and through a door on the other side to see Jonahs room that he seemed to already make his own. He had clothes thrown all over the room and the sheets were already wrinkled from him laying on them.

"Why do you look sad?" I asked already sort of knowing the answer.

" I just left my entire life behind to start a new one with a new name in a new country in the last 24 hours." he snapped at me, "Thats why I'm sad."

"You don't think I knew that? The same thing happened to me, did you forget we are sibblings?" I questioned him.

"I'm sorry, I'm just upset. And besides, I have to share a room with Ang- I mean Bethany." He said.