Chapter 16- Confessions

A/N not edited. beware.

====================

The bus finally pulled up and we all piled inside. Glad to be able to sit down on a sofa felt really good after two hours of standing, I plopped on the sofa and Luke plopped down next to me.

"Looks like we won't be getting a lot of privacy for a while huh?" I whispered, my eyes turned up to meet his ice blue ones.

"I guess that means we'll just have to sneak around, won't we?" He whispered back.

"I guess so," I leaned up pressing my lips to his yet again. I couldn't imagine my life without the spark of electricity I got every time we kissed. "I'm going to bed, well, I'm going to go pick my bed. Then go to sleep."

"Alright, goodnight Ana." Luke said, as I got up. I leaned down and pecked his lips once more before shuffling back to the sleeping part of the bus. I pulled back curtains to find laptops, and earbuds, and phones claiming bed after bed. I even pulled one open to find a drowsy Mikey.

"Ana close the curtains," He whined.

"Sorry Michael," I said pulling the curtains back. I finally found one. The very last bed, on the bottom. We all had to sleep a certain way, because if we didn't, and the bus crashed we could die. And I really didn't want to die. Before going to bed, I took my bathroom bag and went to the little closet bathroom, shutting the door a light came on. I looked into the mirror, examining my false eyes, and hair color. My roots were beginning to grow out. I sighed. I took off my glasses and popped out one green contact and slipped it into the solution, then the other. I looked at the chocolate brown eyes that belonged to Jessica Montgomery. The girl that I used to be, the one that I really am. The girl that Luke didn't fall in love with, the one I prayed he would never know. I sighed again, dropping the eyedrops into my eye. I popped my contacts back in and splashed some water over my face. I changed into my pj's and left the bathroom. I slid into the bunk and closed my eyes.

Molly's POV:

I walked back to the hotel room with arms full of groceries. I finally reached the door and I put down the paper sacs, slipping the plastic card into the small slot on the door, the light flashed green and I entered. The room was in shambles. The bed spreads were strewn all over the floor, the TV was knocked over.

"Bethany? Jonah?" I called for my children. No where to be seen. There was a note taped to the bathroom door.

Dear Nichole,

I have your kids. Now I want you. Drive to the address on the back of this paper in one hour, and I won't hurt them. But be a minute late, and you're going to regret giving your daughter that taser.

Higgins.

Oh God. I thought to myself. I left the grocieries where the were and ran back out of the room.

+

+

+

+

I pulled up to a large wearhouse and parked the car. Walking inside the light was dim. I'd made it here in 45 minutes, I was lucky I didn't get stopped by the cops.

"Nichole..." An eerie voice said from overhead. I didn't know where it was coming from, but I knew who it belonged to.

"Higgins? Where are you? Show me your face." I said back to the voice. He appeared on an upper level that looked out onto the wearhouse floor. He crossed his arms as he leaned over the bar.

"You've seen me Nichole," He said. "Now look there," He motioned to another side of the room with his head. I looked over and saw my two children, my twins, tied up together, bruised bloody and scared. When the saw me they tried to speak through the gags in their mouths.

"You said you wouldn't hurt them!" I shouted.

"Did I say that in the note?" He tapped his chin apparently trying to remember what he'd written. "Oh yea, I lied."

Just as he said it, two berly, bear-like men grabbed my arms and kocked me out cold.

<Ana's POV>

I kept tossing and turning in my little bunk. Not only was the tightly enclosed space, but the text message from my mother had been giving me goose bumps since I read it. I couldn’t help but wonder if Higgins had gotten to them. And she told me to stay here because it might be a little more safe. But I didn’t feel safe here in my tiny bunk. I didn’t feel safe anywhere, and I was putting Luke and everyone here that I cared about in danger. I couldn’t do that anymore. I rolled out of my bunk and walked back to the front of the bus, Luke wasn’t sitting there anymore, he must’ve gone to bed. So I decided to go into the back lounge, maybe watching some movies would help me sleep. Walking back past the bunks I pressed the button on the wall and the divider rolled back slowly. There was a black corner sofa in the room. And in the other corner there was a TV mounted high on the wall, and underneath in the shelf space was a DVD player an Xbox. On the sectional there was a blonde haired boy curled up in the corner with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn.

“Hey,” he whispered.

“Hi,” I greeted him, I walked over and sat down on the sectional. I wanted so badly to get under the blanket with him. But I needed to tell Luke, I couldn’t keep it a secret any longer, he would probably hate me. I would probably have to leave the tour and go home to Australia.

“Come over here, cuddle with me” He lifted part of his blanket to offer it to me.

“No Luke, I can’t.” I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach and a lump form in my throat.  

“Why not? What’s wrong.” He had a look of concern in his eyes. His beautiful steel blue eyes.

“I have to tell you something Luke. And I don’t think you’re going to like it.” The lump grew bigger and tears began to fill my eyes.

“Are you pregnant?” He looked shocked and scared. “Because I wouldn’t be mad if you were, I- I-” He stammered trying to find words for what he thought was happening.

“No baby, I’m not pregnant. That’s not what I need to talk to you about.” I said. I brought my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them.

“Oh, good. I was scared for a minute.” He laughed gently. “What’s wrong Ana? You know you can tell me anything.” He said.

“I know, that’s why I’m telling you.” I took a deep breath and the lump grew a little more. “I’m not who you think I am.”
“What do you mean? You’re Anastasia Lyrica St. James, my beautiful girlfriend. Who else would you be?” He cocked his head to the side.

“That’s not my real name. My real name is Jessica Montgomery and I-” The lump in my throat cut me off again. And a few tears left my eyes. “I can’t keep lying to you. When I came to Sydney from the US, I didn’t leave because we needed a fresh start. We left because someone was trying to kill us. All because my father gambled with the wrong person. And now he’s hunting me and my family down. My father went into hiding and left us hanging. So we went into the witness protection program.” I babbled out as quick as I could before I burst into tears.

“Okay,” was all he said at first. “So you aren’t Anastasia, your real name is Jessica, someone is trying to kill you, and…” He trailed off.

“And it was the worst mistake I could’ve ever made getting involved with you, because now I’m afraid he’ll come after you also. But, Luke, I don’’t regret loving you. I will always love you.” I babbled out again.

“And, I love you.” He said.

“You’re not mad or anything?” I asked baffled.

“Ana why would I be mad at you for sharing something you weren’t allowed to share with anyone. And I don’t know if you’ve realized it or not, but I would take a bullet for you, if it meant you lived on loving me.” He said. And I couldn’t contain myself. I lunged across the sofa and kissed him.

+++++

wooo snap.