Chapter 23- Whipped

We arrived at the venue right on time, and we were now sitting in the dressing room. I sat at one of the tables with a mirror and did a little bit of makeup. I hoped putting some on would make me feel better, but it didn't. A head of raven colored hair appeared in the mirror.

"Hi Calum." I said in the most cheery voice I could manage.

"What's wrong?" He asked bluntly. "Did you and Luke fight or something?"

"Uhh, no..." I trailed off. "We didn't fight or anything. I'm just not having the best day. I don't feel well." I lied.

"Oh, are you sure?" He pressed on refusing to drop the subject.

"Yea Cal!" I said slamming my mascara down on the vanity.

"Alright alright." He said raising his hands, he walked away, looking down at his shoes.

"Calum wait," I said turning back, but he'd already begun talking to Michael. Probably telling him I was on my period or something stupid like that. I sighed and turned back to the mirror. Luke appeared in the mirror where Calum was a few minutes ago.

"Hey babe, what was that all about?" Luke asked pulling up a chair.

"I kind of went off on Cal a little when he kept asking me if I was okay." I whispered. "I think the stress just got to me a little bit. That's all"

Luke interlocked his fingers with mine, "I know it's hard, and I know you badly want to just tell everyone what's going on, but you can't. I know it's tough to keep all that in and I understand. I have to keep your secret too. It totally sucks to just be waiting and waiting for Samantha to call and tell you what's happening, but that' s what we've got to do."

I nodded my head and looked into his eyes, "It's just hard wondering what's going on with my family. I've already lost my father, I don't know what he's doing with his life now, but I can't loose my mom and siblings. I just can't, if I loose them to Higgins I think I would finally break. I would never be the same ever again." I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

"Look Ana, I'm only going to be on stage for an hour or so. If you want you can stay here and we will have one of 1D's security guards stand outside and make sure no one comes in. I'll have my phone on stage and if you need me, call me. I will run off stage and come get you. You're the most important thing in my life, I wouldn't let anything happen to you, you know that right?"

"Of course I know that Luke, after everything you've done for me, from accepting the truth and the lies I had to tell you, to avoiding Kayla at school, you've been the best thing that's ever happened to me in my whole life. I could never ask for anyone better."

The door swung open and John popped his head in, "Two minutes guys, make your way to the stage area please."

"I love you," Luke pressed his forehead to mine, we were so close we feel the other exhale hot breath.

"I love you more," I said.

"I love you most." He finished, and leaned to kiss me. And we were rudely interrupted by Ashton who grabbed Lukes shoulder pulling him away from me.

"Mate, come on, you can kiss her after the show!" Ashton said as he pulled Luke through the door, leaving me alone in the dressing room.

If he only knew what could happen between now, and the end of their show. I thought to myself.

<Luke's POV>

"Hey! Let go!" I jerked away from Ashtons grip. "What's your problem mate?"

"What's my problem?! You're kidding right?!" He shouted at me.

"No Ash, I'm being serious! What's your problem all I was doing was trying to kiss my girlfriend. Are you jealous or something?"

"Jealous," He scoffed. "You're totally whipped, why in hell would I ever be jealous of that?"

"I'm not whipped, I love her. And you obviously don't know what that looks like or feels like so you know what I'm done fighting about this. Because if you knew half of the stuff that's going on you wouldn't have pulled me out of that room!" I yelled

"Ugh! I can't believe you! What's with all the secrets between you and us? What stuff is going on that you can't tell your best friends?" Ashton questioned me, he looked me in the eye, searching for an answer.

"I can't tell you. It's not my place to tell you." I said and folded my arms across my chest.

"That girl in there has completely changed you! This band isn't your number one anymore, she is and I can't believe you would put her in front of this band, in front of your best friends!" That was a low blow.

"I haven't changed, I fell in love with her. And you know what, she is my number one! And this band comes second now because I love her and I would do anything for her, I know she would do anything for me too. Unlike you guys, I've noticed how you've distanced yourself from me since I started dating Ana. And not only that but you guys don't like her, you did at first, but since she's been on tour I can tell you guys don't like her and why is that? I don't understand."

"It's not that we don't like her Luke, it's just that she's really secretive, and well...we don't know if she is who she comes off to be, it's like she's trying to keep everything about her a secret. And we don't like that." Michael interjected.

"You could ask Elle anything about us or her past and she would tell you. Ana doesn't do that with the rest of us. It's like you and her have some sort of pact not to tell us anything and only to keep to each other." Calum said.

"She just doesn't like talking about her past with everyone that's all. I think I'm lucky that she's even opened up to me the way she has. She's guarded guys and she's that way for a reason. Now stop pressing me about it. If you want to know something about her than why don't you just go ask her?" I questioned them and they just looked at each other like they were trying to decide what they should say. "C'mon we've got a show to play." I said and walked past all three of them to the wing of the stage where I got my earpiece and guitar.

"Luke, we're sorry, we didn't mean to step on your toes or anything. We just think of you as our brother. And well, we don't want you to get hurt or anything." Ashton said.

"I understand. Now, let's rock." I said and ran out on stage, followed by my best friends in the whole world.

"HELLO DIJON!" Michael yelled into the microphone.

"This song is called 'She's So Perfect'. Just like each and every girl in here, perfect." Ashton said. "One, two, three, four,"

Halfway into our set my phone began to buzz in my pocket. I ran off stage in the middle of Heartbreak Girl, "Hey Ana, what's going on are you okay?"

"Luke, Luke?! AHHH" The phone clattered to the floor and then disconnected the last thing I heard was her scream.

\\\\////
////\\\\

Poptarts are life...