Castle Redirect

The Duke laughed lowly as she crossed her arms like a child.

"Just–just tell me where to go first." she said as she finally evened out her breathing. She didn't know why the mention of her cheeks flared her up so much.

Had this–obese man–actually known her from when she was a baby? And her father?

The Duke's low laughter finally finished as he instead sent her another warm smile.

"I advise you go to the reservoir first. I suppose you have already met Lord Heisenberg..." he said, saying the last part in a whisper as he took a cigarette from behind him and lit it up. 

Rose lifted a brow. "Reservoir?"

The obese man puffed one before making an 'oh'.

"That's right. You do not know the lay out of the village. Here."

The man handed her a small map from behind him. Rose took it with caution but ended up eyeing it up and down.

Where the crater was in the map had a big village with houses and such. She seemed amazed at the massive difference between a few years ago and now.

"That is the map. And here, is the reservoir." Duke said as he pointed a finger to a watery sea-side.

Rose hummed as she saw that. Surely it won't hurt to go there first. But she still looks up at the castle.

Everything in this place seemed lifeless. She just doesn't know what made her parents so interested in this cold, lifeless abyss of nothingness aside from a few bioweapons and craters littering the streets.

She shakes her head. It was only starting get snowy, but it wasn't that cold.

"After the reservoir," The Duke took a short drag, "Go over here, this is a big wooden estate with a waterfall. "

He pointed to another house and this time it was a big wooden one with a waterfall.

Rose nodded. She still didn't trust this man fully but he seemed to know a lot about her.

She put the map in her jacket's pocket.

The jacket she was using was actually her father's. He let her keep it after she fondly wore it when she was just a small baby.

She tilted her cap because despite the snow gathering slowly on the ground, she was feeling like she was going to sweat at any second.

The Duke took another drag as Rose bid him goodbye.

She made her way to this reservoir place.

-----

It took her enough time to arrive. She was panting once she did. The walk through the forest was horrendously long.

But she would do anything for answers. Her powers over the mold, her dreams linking to this one, and her parents' stories all made her question and wonder.

She saw the reservoir's water dirty, but filled up. She expected it to be cleaner. She just hoped the waterfall won't be as bad as this one.

But, avoiding the puddles here and there around the property, she headed for the small house in the middle. In fact, it had its very own small village-like area with all the other small houses around.

They weren't in the map, though, so she wasn't really sure about them.

Besides that, she approaches the door and knocks on it.

At first, there was no answer. Until suddenly, the door knob twisted. Rose thought that there was no one in the area as it seemed so abandoned but something else entirely caught her off-guard.