Here We Are

As soon as Karl started to lift them up with his metals, Rose started to feel lightheaded.

Now wasn't the right time to fall.

If she did pass out, then the fall might kill her from the height or Karl would have to dive his metals in or dive himself to save her.

Will he save me though is the question.

Rose glanced at Karl, the man clearly concentrating on bringing them up.

Her head started to hurt.

What if I fall? What if I suddenly black out?

She shook her head but the headache stayed. She sighed in annoyance, causing the doll to look at her.

She looked back at the doll.

It said nothing as it watched her. She raised a brow at its obvious lingering stare.

Soon enough, it looked away from her.

That was strange.

Rose's wondering then returned to what happened.

Was it all a dream?

A dream where I met 'Eveline' and this Dimitrescu daughter...

She paused.

So it was Bela? This–Bela Dimitescu. Was it her? That black mold...

Suddenly, Rose felt herself fall backwards.

Her eyes slowly closed all on its own and she could hear the doll fussing at Karl.

Then, she also heard Karl swear as he most likely noticed her falling off.

But other than that, she heard nothing else and saw nothing else but darkness.

-----

"Karl! KARL!!"

The doll shouted as it punched at Karl.  Karl was about to shout something at the doll before he saw Rose fall from his metal.

He cursed as he forced another metal to Rose's back, for her to land without falling from the other one.

Karl made his metals pause mid-air, making him stay on mid-air as well.

He used his metals as stepping stones as he walked to Rose's limp form.

He bent down and touched her neck. It was warm.

Good. It means the kid's still alive.

He then noticed his strange affection. This isn't his child, they're not even close to related, so why is he worrying about her?

...oh, right. Maybe it's his instincts?

He shook his head. He didn't need to ask that now. Of course he's worried, she's still another being that's breathing.

He shakes his head again, now finally shooing those thoughts away.

He retracts his hand from her neck and he stands up. The doll watched his every move.

"Can you knock it off?" he said gruffly as he side-glanced the doll. Angie crossed its arms.

Angie is a her. But it's still a non-living thing if it didn't have its cadou.

Karl rolled his eyes at the doll's antics before carefully moving the metals under Rose, to position it more comfortably.

He knew she would wake up with a stiff back. He learned from his own experience.