The Crater

After that strange encounter, Rose walked around the castle's exterior more.

She went to the courtyard.

It was pretty nice. Knowing it was summer, the flowers in the bushes were really shining through.

It seems she was the only one in this huge exterior.

It was eerie, of course, but because of the light she wasn't as afraid as in the wooden one. Donna's house, was it?

Rose came across a bush with red roses.

It was really straight, meaning it was healthy.

She plucked one out and smelled it. That would usually be a mistake, seeing as one time she did that a honey bee went into her nose.

But that was back when she was only a toddler. Even still...

But luckily today, there was no honey bee despite how healthy the flower seems to be.

And it smelled really nice, calming, kind of.

She shakes her head as she out the flower back in its place in the bush and continued her way.

-----

After awhile, she stumbled upon the vineyard.

Truly, it was only full of dead plants.

They were all withered and brown. Surely they've suffered winter.

She plucks a dead root and, yeah, it was really dry.

She puts it back and instead looks up at the castle from where she was.

From where she stood, she could only see one tower. Although it towered over her and everything else below anyway.

She looks back down. Suddenly, she got an idea.

Since she could summon a lot of mold roots from just one place, then surely she can also do it here.

She'll take slight advantage of the village's mystery.

She bends down and puts her hand to the hot soil.

The soil was hot because of the particularly hot weather today.

She squints as she tried to find the right spot to plant her hands in.

She smiles as she found one. She stays put and then concentrates.

She closes her eyes and then...

She felt the ground shake greatly.

She opened her eyes and almost jumped back when she saw what she had made.

It was a mold root, of course, but it was huge.

She didn't even notice it.

Did she stress it out too much? But she didn't even notice the power she put into it.

She stood back up and awed at her creation.

It was bigger, not like a bean stock, but bigger than anything she had created in the past.

She shakes her head before running back inside. She wouldn't be able to reverse the damage, but hopefully once Lady Dimitrescu finds it she wouldn't be resentful.

-----

Once Rose was inside again, she decided to walk back out.

I don't know why, but I suddenly feel like something is pulling me.

Rose shakes her head and walks to the main entrance of the castle.

She exits through that and now is set to go to the gate.