Heavy Misunderstandings

Rose stared wide-eyed as her hand was no longer holding the doll's neck, but a woman's.

"Please don't kill me..."

Rose blinked multiple times as her grip on the scissors loosened upon seeing the defenseless woman just below her.

Rose backed away as she saw the doll she was holding earlier on the floor beside the woman. It laid motionless as it stared at her blankly.

The scissors fully fell from her hand as she saw the fear in the other woman's expression.

The scissors fell with a loud 'thud' on the wooden floor as Rose covered her mouth with her hand in surprise.

"Oh-oh my–" Rose stammered as she tried to think of the apologies she could give.

The woman covered her face with a single hand but the bulging–thing, growth–on the right side of her face was still visible.

Rose's voice gave out when the woman looked around the floor and grabbed what Rose could desrcibe as a mourning veil.

The woman put it on before standing up. The doll was still motionless, watching with narrow eyes everything that was going on.

"I-I'm so sorry ma'am, I was–"

Rose's attempt was shushed as the woman shakily puts a hand up to dismiss her.

The blonde looked down in shame of her actions as the woman hesitantly makes her way to one of the chairs.

The doll was still left there.

Rose saw the woman take a seat, so she also scurried to the chair opposite to her.

Rose sat down carefully.

"I'm... terribly sorry, ma'am. I didn't mean to do what I did just now. I'm really sorry." she apologized as she bowed her head slightly in respect.

The now-veiled woman said nothing as she just stayed silent.

Rose looked back up at her but there was still silence.

A few minutes after the awkward silence resumed, Rose heard clanking again.

She turned to the source and saw that the doll was standing up slowly.

The doll turned around stiffly as it walked its way silently towards the veiled woman.

Rose watched as it raised its arms. The veiled woman gladly took the doll and placed it on her lap.

The doll eyed Rose again. The doll was expressionless but that empty stare alone was enough to say that she held great disdain for Rose.

Rose stared back at it.

"What are you looking at, Eva?" the doll mused as it scoffed.

Rose squinted her eyes at it. That was a new name.

But when it was about to say more, the woman clasped a hand to its porcelain mouth, effectively shutting it up.

"...I must apologize to you as well, miss Winters." the veiled woman said as she also bowed down slightly.

Rose was taken aback, "No! I should be the one to say sorry, ma'am, not–"

The woman dismissed her, "No. I was the one who..." she paused.

Rose waited for her to speak more, but she found herself waiting for more than just a minute.

Rose saw the doll's eyes move to her chest.