Almost There

Rose ran back to the castle.

She may be stupid to do this, especially since she was so close to dying, and leaving. But then again, some of her questions still weren't answered.

Eveline didn't talk to her the whole walk.

Being sixteen and a bioweapon isn't at all easy, and she was sure was not going to be, because now she has someone else in her head.

-----

As soon as she got to the gate, she just pushed it open and walked through. She could've just walked through, but what did she do?

...well, she doesn't want to think about that now.

Her aunt Zoe said to never think unessecary thoughts. But Rose thought she said that because that was her downfall with her own family.

"It was my fault, you know."

Rose already knew most of everything that happened to her was because of Eveline.

Soon enough, she was already in front of the castle's doors.

She pushed it open and entered herself. But would that tall lady be fine with that?

Hopefully.

Rose then continued to walk around. It was so silent, that if a pin would drop it would sound like the whole castle was shaking.

The actual reason she was going back was because she wanted to... well, not end things too quickly.

The story wouldn't be complete if she didn't check up on everyone else.

Of course, she also doesn't want to end it quickly. Because if it ends, it ends. She would never get to meet the Lords again, or ever go back to the village. So she wanted to make this last, and first visit, to count.

"You sound familiar."

Rose didn't acknowledge Eveline's side comments again. She just couldn't imagine having to put up with that annoying child's voice for the rest of her life.

While she was thinking, however, she soon reached the main hall with the three girls' portrait.

She approached it slowly and now, beside where the names were, was her pendant.

So she did put it here.

Rose expected the tall woman would put what she gave back here, but she didn't expect it would be put so quickly.

She stared at the portrait longer before breaking eye contact and returning back to whatever she was planning to do.

She continued to walk through the halls and corridors before finally, she hears a buzz.

And then, multiple more buzzes.

She almost ran to the direction and ended up being face to face with the two sisters.

Her eyes widened at first, before returning back to normal.

"Hey." she said casually, lowly.

Cassandra glared at her, but it wasn't as vicious as earlier this day.

She was standing close to Daniela, who seemed to stare at Rose lighter, and without the intent to eat her.

"What do you want." Cassandra growled, not at all asking.

Daniela patted her sister's back. "I, uh," Rose stuttered, trying to find the best words to say without angering the Dimitrescu sister.

The raven said nothing as Rose looked around, trying to find the words to say her feelings.