Falling

Rose started to finally walk towards the estate using the direction given by the map.

She feels excited, somewhat, but she supposes that it's because she might be able to get the answers she went here to have in the first place.

And sure enough the estate is far from the reservoir. The map was proof enough, and from the reservoir she also couldn't see the estate's roof or something.

But she shouldn't judge that. Who knows? Maybe the estate would be as small as Salvatore's house.

...maybe.

But just the word 'estate' means that it's at least a big house. Or a mansion?

She shakes her head.

Her legs were already starting to hurt and she hasn't even been here for two hours.

Is this how all hikers feel? Rose kept on walking.

But as she walked, she heard a growl.

She spun around to face the sound as she just knew it was already behind her.

And right as she made eye contact with the creature, she froze.

It was a werewolf.

At least, it looked like one, hairy and all.

It was growling at her and standing at all fours. It had dried blood around its mouth and she can say it looked absolutely terrifying.

She wanted to run but the creature only stood there, baring its teeth at her in a defensive position.

Rose walked back slowly and the creature didn't seem to care if she walked away. But at the same time she didn't dare turn her back on it.

She couldn't just die because of unanswered questions. That's not at all a good way to die.

She paused when she heard more growls. Some even behind her as that same creature seemed to have multiplied.

She still didn't turn her back at the first one.

But when one creature tried to lunge at her she shut her eyes and lifted her hands.

A loud earthquake sounded and the ground shook as she opened her eyes and saw her mold roots sprouting from the soil and entrapping the creature inside of its thick roots.

Rose panted slightly as she unnecessarily used a huge amount on only one.

She hated using her 'gift'. All the scientists and higher-ups that were informed of her existence and powers always called her 'Eveline', whoever the hell that is.

The creatures started whimpering as they saw another of their kind getting strangled in the mold's tough roots.

Rose groaned as she forcefully brought the mold down with a swift, shaky movement of lowering her arms to her sides.

The creature yelped as it jumped out of the mold's softening grip.

After what just happened, the creatures lowered their heads and scurried off elsewhere.

It's a good thing they did because Rose knows too well that she wouldn't be able to deal with that many.

She shakes her head, sighs, and continues.

-----

After awhile of endlessly walking the forest in a straight line, she finally saw a trail in the distance.

She sighed in relief as she stepped on the gravel path.

She stepped on it with her foot first before fully landing on it.