CHAPTER 12

Chapter 12

"Look at them Kymil, aren't they beautiful?" My sweet Elixir asks as he rest his head on my shoulders while watching the flower bud bloom one by one.

It's birth and of course it would be beautiful. "It's magical." I said with a kiss on his forehead as he fondly looked at the parents who picked their children from the flowers that are now in full bloom. Soft hums of music can be heard as everyone silently watch and celebrated for the birth of new faes. From what I heard, there will be festivities later in the evening—meaning dances, food and music will be present in the town plaza for the event.

Elixir continued looking at the children with a gentle look on his face. I took his hand to mine before giving it a squeeze. "You'd look beautiful carrying our child." I said.

"You think I'll be a good mom?" He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"You'll be the best mother, darling." I grinned and kissed his nose.

I still can't believe that we are together now. I mean—I was expecting it sooner or later when I pop the question but I did not expect that it'll be this kind of situation where I'll get his sweet response. Of course, I'm still a bit tense since Krion is here and he almost slipped with my secret.

My twin and I have been very clear that our identities will be concealed at all times. Even on public appearances, our faces are covered with veils and we have masks to conceal our faces for both our safety and so we can have our privacy when needed. Kyran liked strolling outside the palace walls and visiting villages personally to see how the realm is doing and I myself have been wandering around and I have been living in the city without my whole identity exposed. Only few people outside the court and palace have known who we are. Besides, I don't think this is the best time for Elixir to know about who I really am. It's not just the right opening if I am very honest. I'll take it on my own pace for the meantime.

"Oh look, mom is stepping down. Let me greet her for a while, okay? Stay here. I'll find you later." My little Halfling said before kissing me on the lips making my heart flutter and a smile broke free from my lips.

"Okay." I said and waved him goodbye as he dashed towards where his mother is.

"I see you're smiling a lot now." I heard my cousin's voice behind me as he approached my side. "It's actually creepy. I imagined Kyran smiling like that just now. I got Goosebumps." Krion said while dramatically shivering.

"Kyran does smile from time to time." I said with a chuckle. Yes, my twin does smile—but rather than voluntary, he does it unconsciously. If he did it voluntarily—I don't think that will be a good idea. It'll definitely scare people and make the court run for their money.

"Are you kidding me? Last time your mother asked him to smile, he looked like he's a constipated murderer."

"You're totally on point with that, don't let him know I agreed with you, he's still upset about not smiling properly." I chuckled and raked my hand through my hair. "So where's the husband?"

"There," My cousin said pointing to the food stalls where his husband is happily snacking some guavas while talking to some fae. "I got a feeling I'm gonna be yelled later. Damn, Dalian is one heck of a pregnant dwarf."

"I think pregnancy is a great thing." I hummed. "I can't wait for Elixir to get pregnant."

"Sorry to burst your happy bubble Kymil, but why didn't you told him yet?" Krion asked while leaning forward at the railings. "Rather, are you gonna tell him?"

"Of course I'm gonna tell him. I just need tempo." I said with a sigh. "I just don't want him to think that he doesn't have the right to refuse me since I came from a royal family. I don't think that's a fair game."