CHAPTER 22 & 23

Chapter 22

"I can't believe it. I'm going to be a grandma!" My mom squealed excitedly as we got inside the healer's home. We left Dalian at home after we tried five different pregnancy tests as soon as I woke up and I'm fucking sure as fuck that I am pregnant. Two lines appearing on the stick was a proof of that.

"Mom, let's not jinx ourselves." I said, suppressing the urge to smile and cry at the same time. I am so thrilled to be pregnant and I think Kymil would be happy once he hears the news. But at the same time. I am terrified. I'm alone. Pregnant and alone while my baby's daddy is in war—doing his best to protect our realm from enemies. While I'm sure I couldn't do it without him, I am also aware that what he's doing is important not just to me but also to Mairaxias. That won't stop me from wishing he is here with me as we find out about this wonderful news.

"Oh sweetie, don't worry. With all those pregnancy tests, it would be impossible if you are not pregnant." Mom said and pushed the door open, revealing an elf that is in his middle ages with chocolate brown hair and blue eyes covered with quite thick round framed glasses.

"Good evening Dahlia, it's a pleasure to see you again." The healer said and shook my mother's hand. "I am assuming you're Elixir, quite a lovely kid you have here Dahlia." The healer said and chuckled.

"Of course, nothing short of my beauty, healer." Mom said with a chuckle and I rolled my eyes.

"I am Galilee, and yes I am an elf." He said with a small bow, showing me to the quarters where he would examine me. I sat down the chair before him. "So Eli, dear, tell me what you've been feeling these past few days."

"Uhh, I feel dizzy and I have been puking almost every morning. I also have strange cravings—I used to hate ram berries and dalvasa but now, I can't get enough of them. I also had pregnancy tests done this afternoon and it came positive." I stated, resting my hand on my stomach. "I want to confirm if I am really pregnant or not and if the baby is doing okay."

"I see." He said and fixed his glasses. "May I?" he asked as he held his hand out. My mom gave me an encouraging smile when I hesitantly looked around, I think this pregnancy is making me paranoid. I can't help it, I have another life inside me now.

I breathed in to calm my nerves and placed my hands in his rather large one and the elf smiled in relief before closing his eyes.

"Wonderful... congratulations!" He said and hummed. "You are indeed pregnant." He mused before placing his hand on my belly. "The baby is quite healthy—the heartbeat is a bit off. Too fast for the little one but I guess he's just excited being known to mommy for the first time." Galilee said and removed his hand.

"This is wonderful news! I am definitely gonna be a grandma!" Mom excitedly clapped her hands with a huge smile on her face

"I am assuming the baby is that of an elf?" he asked making me nod in confirmation. "He's over a cycle old—you still have three cycles more before he finally see the world with his own eyes."

"He?" I asked, trying not to cry in joy.

"Yes, for now, I am sure that it is a boy and it is of elf descendant, quite a dominant little fella I must say." He said and I wiped the tear in my eye that managed to escape, pursing my lips. "Your husband must be very proud. Is he late for this appointment?"

"Ah no, my son's husband is... Um he's away and fighting in Ledenica." Mother supplied when he saw me bite my lip.

"That's unfortunate." He said with a sad smile. "But you must be very proud of him." The healer said and handed me a small envelope of supplements. I took it with both of my hands before mumbling a "Thank you.