CHAPTER 32 & 33

Chapter 32

Elixir's POV

"You two seems to be awfully quiet today." I said to my babies who seemed to be sleeping a lot. They are being really good for mommy today. Maybe they understand that I am really worried about their father's well-being. I know that babies, especially with a race like mine are bound to be more sensitive than the usual one and my distress must've stressed them off as well. My poor angels.

"I hope your dad just forgot his phone." I whispered and rubbed my stomach as new batch of tears began falling down my eyes. I have been crying since yesterday. I can't contact my fiancé and it's making me agitated. I don't want to think about any negative stuff but I know how dangerous it is out there. I have deprived myself of television and newspaper because my worry gets to me every time and I feel nauseous when I see news about the war.

"Oh sweetie, you're crying again." Yerin said and sat beside me, wiping my tears.

"I just... I just missed him so much Rin, I am so worried." I said and took the tissue before wiping my tears.

"Maybe they are on the battle sweetie, you know how soldiers are." He said and rubbed my back. "Kymil is a strong reliable man, I am sure he'll be fine."

"I hope so." I said and let him console me when suddenly, the door burst open to reveal a very disoriented and disheveled Krion barging in.

"Krion!" I gasped and stood up. "You're here! Is Kymil with you!? Please! I need to see him."

"Kymil isn't here." He said with pursed lips. "He...He just sent me to get you, listen, you need to hide." He frantically said while Yerin and I looked at him in confusion.

"I don't grasp what you are pointing at, Krion." I said while Yerin nodded.

"Uh... some enemies are coming for you since Kymil slayed one of their boss, you need to hide, Kymil is worried. You have to trust me on this." He said and at the mention of my husband's name I nodded and took out a bag.

"I'll help you. Just sit down." Yerin said and led me to sit beside the closet full of my babies' things. I pulled a duffel bag before packing the kids' necessities.

"How far along are you?" Krion asked as he helped me pack.

"A cycle and the babies are going to be born." I said.

"Twins, huh." He said and smiled at me. "I wish you all the luck."

"Thank you." I said and we zipped the bag.

"I will come with him." Yerin said and Krion sighed.

"Okay."

"Where are we headed?" I asked. "Are you not gonna see your family first?"

"No, we don't have time for that." He said and took the small luggage. "We are heading to Okeavia."

"Oka—" I didn't have time to finish my response as I suddenly felt my heart seize up. I feel like it's being clutched. It's not exactly that painful but I suddenly felt something in me snap and my tears began welling up without me meaning it to.

"Sweetie, are you okay? What's wrong?" Yerin asks ad he placed the baggage down to look at me.

"I don't know." I said while sobbing. "I suddenly feel like something inside me snapped and I feel so sad all of a sudden, I don't know. I don't know why I'm crying like this—I'm so sad." I said and wiped my tears away with a handkerchief.

Yerin looked at me sadly before he spared a glance to Krion who just shook his head before looking away.

"Maybe it's your hormones." Yerin said with a smile. "It's a pregnancy thing. Let's go?" He said and led me out of the door. With a small bag in hand, he turned to Krion who is preparing for our departure as well.