CHAPTER 11

Chapter 11

"Come on Kymil! We're gonna miss the blooming!" I excitedly said as I fixed my shoes. Kymil is wearing a long sleeved black shirt and timberlands today and man, I just have to stop myself from drooling cause my elf—he looks amazing in casual wear as always.

"You're so excited." Kymil said and kissed my cheek.

"Well, of course, I haven't seen a blooming since 5 years ago." I muttered and held his hand as we go out. My mother is handling todays blooming ritual so she had to go early.

"I haven't seen a blooming before—heck I only heard about it. What should I expect?" my elf asked as we walk hand in hand to the other side of town, a few people had already given my soon-to-be-boyfriend some glances. Well, who wouldn't anyway? He's handsome as hell.

"Well, uhh, how do I say this? Have you seen tulips?" I asked and he nodded. "Well there will be giant tulips at the greenhouse, when those tulips bloom, they will bear baby faes—I mean you know how faes create children right? As soon as one gets pregnant, they transfer the fertilized seed to the greenhouse and the couple will tend to it for 6 months and then when the tulips bloom, they'll have their baby."

It's actually both a sad and happy celebration. The flowers will bloom—all of them will bloom but only a few will bear the children, meaning those tulips who did not bear one, it simply means that the child did not make it or the seed was actually not fertilized. The couple have to wait till mating season to try again.

"We're you born that way?" Kymil asked and I shook my head.

"My mom bore me." I said and led ourselves to the alley for a shortcut. "It's nice though—there will be cute little babies."

"You're still my baby." Kymil said making me giggle.

"And you're mine—now let's stop being so cheesy." I laughed along with my elf and nuzzled to his side.

"If it isn't Elixir!" I heard a voice making me look up. "Elixir! It's me! Dalian!"

"Dalian? Oh! Dalian!" I said and waved at the dwarf. Dalian is a dwarf with tan skin and brown hair. Despite the term dwarf, dwarfs actually aren't really short, this one, Dalian is actually a bit taller than me. We have been friends since basic race education days and he's one of the guys I was actually close to. He's cool and comes sort of like an older brother—very reliable and responsible.

"You've been gone forever, Eli!" He said and hugged me. "You grew!"

"I did? I mean, I did grow!" I laughed and shook his hand. "You're still looking good Dali!"

"Of course! I am always handsome. " He snickers and glanced at Kymil who seemed to be looking at him intently as well. "Now who do we have here?"

"Ah! Dali, this is my uh, b-boyfriend, Kymil." I said with a blushing face. We're still not a couple though but I don't really know what to call him—dang it, maybe I should've introduced him as a friend, but then that doesn't seem to be right.

"Oh! Hello there, I'm Dalian Riverthorn, a dwarf. This little one had been my friend way back to the basic race days." He said and shook hands with Kymil who gave him a smile. Kymil seems to be glowing, I wonder why.

"Pleasure to meet you Dali, I'm Kymil Elasandoral, an elf. Thank you for taking care of my Eli." He said and held my hips. I feel like Dali and Ky will be on good terms. I don't know why or how, but I feel like they'd be friends.

"I'm actually glad Eli finally started dating here. Back in our training days, he had a lot of suitors but none of them bewitched him. I guess it takes an elf like you to capture our Eli's heart." Dalian laughed obnoxiously before patting Kymil's shoulder.