CHAPTER 43 & 44

Chapter 43

Kyran's POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, the king and his consort." The majordomo announces and I walked hand in hand with Elixir, stopping at the top of the stairs while the twins are behind us, both being carried by their servants.

"You're sweating buckets." I whispered to Elixir.

"Shut up, I'm nervous." He replied, gripping my hand and I chuckled. Cute.

"Good evening gentlemen, ladies." I greeted and roamed my eyes around the room to spot familiar faces. Mom and dad are already there, entertaining guests as they hold flutes of expensive wine. "As you may know today we are celebrating our victory against the dark realm," I started.

"We are finally rid of the dark magic's attempt to destroy us and in the process, we've lost loved ones—those who we hold dear and as you may know, my brother was one of the fallen souls in the process. He sacrificed himself for the good of this realm so I would like to honor him tonight. I know he lies with the souls of our great ancestors at the moment," I said and squeezed Elixir's hand.

"And today marks the day that I will not be hiding things." I said and removed my mask for all the people to see. It earned a few gasps and Elixir also removed the veil covering the lower half of his face. "I am showing you myself that for the past years have been hidden to a lot of you. I am one of the twin son of King Helios and Queen Amelia. I shared soul with Kymil—as you may know the second prince." I announce and I felt like a heavy burden got lifted up from my shoulders as I uttered those words, I see people looking at me with side eyes and I fear that they might lash out but Elixir's sweaty hand that's tugging me gave reassurance that it's okay.

"I also would want to introduce to you my mate, Elixir Fernosia a Half-fae, Half-dwarf and we have been blessed with children just these past cycles. Amaryll and Kharis, yes, just like me and Kymil, twins. We have been blessed with a set of twins and I would like you to treat them as the same way you treat me as a king. This is my family and I will not hesitate to put people in their places if harm comes to them." I announced with loud voice.

I guess all the news is a lot to take in. After a few minutes though, the party went back to its usual vigor and everyone was at ease—just a tiny bit of tension is in the atmosphere. This time, I would know. I have been finding joy in feeling everything in this world.

"You were so intimidating." Elixir said with a giggle.

"Am I?" I asked and chuckled as well. The damn Halfling looks so adorable these days and coupled with the fact that he gave me the opportunity to be the father of two precious angels, he's the most perfect person in the world to me. "I guess I have to work on that skill, no?"

"You do." He said and took my hand again making me smile and my heart fluttered. I guess this is what they call 'butterflies in your stomach'? I feel giddy.

"Mom is taking care of the kids, come on and let's mingle." I said and we went to the floor and began greeting guests.

"King Kyran, Queen Elixir." Wyvern, the greyhawk elf greeted us with a bow.

"Wyvern," I returned.

"Please, just call me Elixir." Eli said and smiled at him, making the other man smile at him as well. I felt an irk of ugly jealousy start from my stomach.

"Congratulations on your twins, I bet they are lovely. I haven't seen a set twins before, they are kind of mythical so it would be lovely to meet them." Wyvern said with glowing eyes.

"You have met me and the late prince Kymil before." I commented and Elixir gave me a raised brow.

"Of course, your highness." Wyvern said. "But I didn't know about that before."