CHAPTER 24 & 25

Chapter 24

"Infiltration is success." Jaguar telepathically said and I nodded. We are currently infiltrating a hydra's cave in a rocky mountain by east of the dark realms. Finding this lair is quite hard, we had to fight dark creatures on our way here and the climb is quite steep. Hydralios are abundant in these places where it's damp yet warm. However, it's swarmed with Hydras—all equipped with deadly claws and teeth as sharp as knives lining up their mouth in rows, all promising death at a moment's notice.

"Be careful, watch out for Drakus, I have seen one as I came in." Krion said and crept into a huge rock, collecting a few herbs and placing it inside his leather bag while being surrounded by a couple of hydras, all snoring away since it is daytime.

"Got it." I responded and teleported to a patch of grassy area, easily collecting a few plants and some ores for the potion. I dropped down immediately as I spotted a Drakus carrying a dead soldier in its mouth before swallowing it whole. "Drakus sighted, be careful. It's awake and just swallowed something." I warned before silently moving to the mouth of the cave to collect some more.

"Some golem is coming your way General." Calisto warns and I rushed to the side of the entrance. The stone golems walked rather loudly and growled at everything in sight before they got out of the cave. Why the hell are they even living with Hydras, this is so weird.

"10 more minutes and we are expecting all of you to get out of that hell hole." Shiv announced and I simply nodded before climbing at the side of the cave system to gather more herbs when everything suddenly got silent. Something is fucking wrong.

"Retreat. Get out of there now." I announced in hurry before gathering the rest of the herbs in my spot.

"Having fun?" A male whispered in my ears making me jump away into a flat space of the cave side cliff and take a fighting stance. "Oh don't worry darling, there's no need for violence even though you basically penetrated my realm."

"Dietrich." I said and pulled my twin swords out, making the gems inside the handles cavity rattle to signal my twin.

"I'm honored to meet you, Kymil—while your twin is quite annoying, you, on the other hand, is quite the man." He seductively said with a light chuckle and jumped, unfurling his leather wings and flying in the air. Kyran is right, he is definitely not something you would expect.

"I don't know if I should be happy with that compliment." I said and took a stance with my swords. "You hurt my twin."

"I did teach the guy some lessons," He said and placed his hands on his hips, showing off his leather suit that barely covers anything. "He is quite obnoxious. If it weren't to his beautiful face, I would've ended him then and there."

"I don't know what you really want with us, Mairaxias is living peacefully before you started all this." I raised my sword and glared at him. He is the guy threatening the whole realm's safety, if I could kill him here, I can ensure that everything will go smoothly.

"You're quite the looker too, such a pity I can't play with you and your twin. Unlike Sadrymian and Synsillian, the two of you are mostly humanoids" He said and flew near me—tell me, Kymil, do you really think you can take me on?" he asked and I suddenly blasted me with flames. I jumped up and escaped, jumping from one rock to another as he continued blasting me with his magic. I barely dodged a fireball he threw at me sending me flying and rolling in the rocky flats on the top of the mountain.

"Thank Goodness I missed your face, it would've been a pity seeing such a pretty face get mutilated with my fire." Dietrich laughed and landed on a boulder. "But eliminating you would be a great help to my cause. One less pest to deal with."