CHAPTER 34 & 35

Chapter 34

Kyran's POV

Yerin moved faster than the lighting to catch Elixir who suddenly fell unconscious. I walked down the small flight of stairs to look at them when I finally caught sight of what Elixir had been hiding beneath his black robes.

A huge stomach.

"He's pregnant?" I asked in monotone. I am really surprised but I don't know why my voice don't come out right anymore. Then again, it's been like this ever since... I can't remember. I am still grieving over the death of my twin—this thing however, seeing how Kymil sacrificed not just for his lover but for his kids, made me think twice.

A tug in my heart tells me something I cannot fathom. I felt like my soul cried and something changed yet I don't know what

Why am I doing this again? Whatever that reason is, my mind is fogged and I can't remember it at the moment. All I am focused on right now is the innocent face of Elixir on the floor, unconscious.

"Yes! He is pregnant! Are you happy that you've caused him distress?" Yerin yelled at me as he tried shaking Elixir awake. "He is innocent, Kyran. He did not know a thing and he definitely did not know who Kymil is." He said in such a disappointed voice while trying to wake Elixir. "Sweetie, come on."

I just looked at them in silence. I don't really know what to say or do and I feel like my body is frozen. I can't even explain what I feel at the moment.

"Oh my! What happened here?" My mother gasped as soon as she got inside with my father on tow. "Is this Kymil's lover—oh no, he's pregnant?"

"Kyran, what is going on?" Father asked while mother helped Yerin with Elixir. I just clicked my tongue as sudden annoyance washed over me and I picked up Elixir with ease.

"What are you doing!?" Yerin asked in panic.

"I'm not killing him if that's what you're worried about." I said and bought the unconscious man outside of the throne room and into mine and my twin's—Kymil's private quarters despite Yerin's protest. My servants scrambled before me and opened the door where I rested him in the bed.

"Get away from him." Yerin protectively said and I looked at him with an icy cold stare.

"You don't have a right over him, he is...was my brother's lover, not yours."

"And he isn't yours either!" Yerin yelled and a wave of irritation washed over me and I glared at him.

"Get out!" I ordered in hard tone.

"You can't do this Kyran. You'll only hurt him!" He said and I looked at my guards and they restrained him. Yerin yelled and thrashed around before he was dragged outside and finally, some peace and quiet.

"I want you to bring my personal healer to check on him. For the meantime, he isn't allowed to go out of the room. Station guards outside." I said and stood up, sparing the man a glance, looking at his serene face before getting out.

Kymil, you are a crazy bastard for dying and leaving a mate like this behind.

---

"Your highness." Mirifur greeted, trailing after me as I went inside the chambers once again after I had a talk with the council.

"What is it? Didn't I told you to look after him?"

"The healer wants to have a word with you." He said and led me to the chambers back inside where a sleeping Elixir resides.

"Did he wake up?" I asked.

"Yes, your highness. He woke up an hour ago. We offered him food but he was unresponsive so we called the healer to check on him." Mirifur recounted and I nod in understanding. Without further ado, I was then led to a the living quarters where the healer—an elf with light chestnut brown hair in his middle ages sat waiting for me.