CHAPTER 20-21

Chapter 20

"He's not awake yet?" I asked my mother as soon as they received me in the royal chambers of Mairaxias. Why not Ledenica? It's because they had moved Kyran here to heal. Ledenica is in quite bad state and the citizens doesn't know that they are being evacuated because of the war.

"Not yet." My mother said with worry laced heavily in her voice, she looks like she haven't been sleeping for a few days.

"Did the healers do anything?" I asked while walking to the king's room—a.k.a. Kyran's room that he's supposed to use but since my twin is quite an introvert that hates extravagant things—he's using our childhood room instead. My mask materialized in my face, covering my features from the nose down to my chin.

"They can't do anything. Kyran had practically encased himself in a protective barrier—no one can get in, not even your own father." She said and I wrapped a comforting arm around her.

"It's going to be alright mom." I smiled. "Kyran is alive. I'll kick him awake for you—now, why don't you get some rest? You look like you're about to faint mom. That's not good. What would Mairaxias do without its powerful mother?" I said in a teasing way.

"You're still as silly, Kymil." Mother said with a smile. "Go wake your brother—he's been enjoying his slumber a bit too much." She said before kissing me on the cheek. "I will retire to my chambers now, if anything happens, let me know."

"Of course." I said and waved goodbye to her as she disappeared along with her handmaidens.

"Your highness." My own servants appeared, all dressed in their own warrior attire with Keros and Hyfel on lead. The servants kneeled and bowed collectively in my presence while my personal attendant, Remus came and helped me with my clothes, placing the silver and white fur cape on my back as I let my circlet crown appear on my head, signifying my status as a prince.

"Rise and at ease." I commanded.

"I thought I saw Kyran—I was about to freeze." Hyfel said and his dad immediately elbowed him.

"Hyfel, Keros—I'm glad you're here. Have you seen Kyran?" I asked and they nodded, Hyfel specially avoided my eyes. "I'll take it he's still as commanding asleep as he is while he's awake?"

"He's making it very hard for everybody." Keros said with a sigh. "Your brother is literally the scariest person and him forming a barrier so no one can touch him have kind of increased his deadly aura." He supplied as we started walking inside the private wing of the king.

"Damn I can't really look at you without shivering." Hyfel said with a grimace. "You look totally like Kyran now."

"Duh, we're brothers. What would you expect?" I shrugged and rolled my eyes. "By the way, how's Gyro? Pregnancy going well?"

"What pregnancy? Gyro's pregnant? Aren't you courting him Hyfel?" Keros asked with a confused brow.

"Oh... Whoopsie?"

"Yes! Oh. You idiot!" Hyfel glared at me. "No one. No one is pregnant."

Keros narrowed his eyes at the both of us. I pretend to not notice anything while Hyfel looked at me with a glare. "Hyfel, we are going to talk—just the both of us later. Don't think about disappearing. I wasn't a decorated Tracker for nothing."

"The prince is here." Remus announced as we arrived at the door of the King's room.

The heavy double doors opened, revealing an extravagant chamber before us. The servants of my brother are all gathered on a spot quite a few meters away from him with the exception of Milifur who is standing dutifully beside my brother's barrier. My father is seated on a chair beside the bed as well.