39 || quality time

alexa, play right here by chase atlantic 

18+ warning - heavy smut

DAY 39

        Amelia tiptoed into the dimly-lit living room, the only source of light coming from the glow of the television screen, as her eyes fell on James' figure perched in the floor surrounded by blankets and fluffy pillows. She immediately observed the dark grey sweatpants he wore, accompanied by the loose fitting t-shirt that clung to his burly chest. His dark hair was pushed back behind his ears, falling to the middle of his neck. 

        "What is this?" she asked curiously as his blue eyes glanced up at her. 

        "I made a bed in the floor," James explained with a small tug on the corners of his lips. "I thought we could watch movies tonight." 

        The notion was so normal, sweet, even. Amelia remembered a time, not that long ago, when James would have never done something so trivial, especially not for her. Now here he was, a blanket pallet made in the floor for the two of them, with a smile creeping on his lips. The familiar warm feeling grew inside of her chest at the sight.

        "I know everyone said not to worry, so instead of focusing on things to worry about, I have decided to focus on spending time with you." 

        "James," she whispered affectionately, titling her head to the side as her eyebrows furrowed together.

        "Come here," he instructed softly, holding his arms up in the air, motioning for her to move closer to him with his hands. 

        Amelia padded over to the pallet of blankets, inching down into Bucky's lap as she straddled his hips. His blue eyes met her chestnut ones as they stared at each other for a few moments, his thumbs rubbing circles on her outer thighs. Feeling the crimson creep on her cheeks, she leaned forward and pressed her forehead to his. 

        It was during moments like these where Amelia couldn't help the fear that eased its way into the back of her mind. She enjoyed this - thoroughly. Being in James' presence was the one thing she felt herself consistently looking forward to every single day. And now, despite everyone telling him not to be afraid, she felt afraid, herself. The thought of something bad happening to James made her more scared than she wanted to admit. 

        "What is it?" James asked quietly - as if he could read her mind. 

        "I know I'm not supposed to be," Amelia laughed faintly in hopes of keeping her eyes from watering. "But I'm scared."