11| POPE ALMOST CAUGHT US IN THE SHOWER

"Bal! Wake up! It's John B!" John B hollered from down stairs, knocking on her front door early that morning, "We waited till your parents drove off to-"

He was cut of by the front door swinging open. Bali looked like she just woke up with a stare of disbelief and a glare, "Do you ever shut the fuck up?"

"Aw, good morning, sunshine." JJ gushed as he walked into the house, Pope not far behind, "Woah, it feels like i've been here before."

"Look, Kie and Sarah have to make up so we do too." John B said as he knocked Bali in the shoulder, "I'm sorry for acting like I didn't want you in the group. It was JJ's idea, yeah, but I agreed and wanted your help. I want you involved, I swear."

Bali stared, "Do you know how early it is?"

"It was import." John B said.

Bali gave a half grin and pulled him into her house, shutting the door, "My parents will be back at nine so don't too comfortable."

"Yes, ma'am." Pope said from the kitchen, raiding her cabinet.

"So, you think Sarah and Kie are gonna make up?" Bali asked as she straddled her surf board in the water. The night sky was illuminated in blue that night, no one had been on the beach that she knew.

"Make up or tear each other to shreds." JJ said from beside her, on his own board as the sat in the waved for a few minutes, "Cat fight, you know? Meow."

The mimicking cat noise made Bali grin and shove him slightly, "I hope they do. Sarah's my best friend and I love Kie, i'd kill for all of us to get along."

"I still don't see how Sarah Cameron is your best friend." JJ said honestly, placing his hands in the middle of his board when a rougher wave hit them, "It doesn't make sense."

"Oh, I know. Zero sense at all, we're like, so different and rarely agree on anything." Bali agreed as she pushed the wet locks out of her face, "But I did some really low shit to her, when I wasn't myself, and she still came back. Sarah was still there for me when I needed her and she never made me think it was my fault. She pulls away from me sometimes, but that's just her. At the end of the day, she comes back to me, you know?"

JJ gave a smile her way, "Thats like me and Pope."

"Exactly like you and Pope." Bali agreed with a laugh, "You get it then?"

"Yeah, I get it." JJ agreed as he looked over at her in the dark, "I don't get how you say you did horrible shit to her though. You're like- a softie."

He leaned over and pushed her board some with a laugh. Bali never told JJ about how she use to use, she never wanted to. He knew everything about her, but not that, and she really didn't want him to. But right now, with how far they were into the other, she couldn't keep anything from him.