43| LOVELY TO FINALLY MEET YOU, MR MAYBANK

"Mwah!" JJ explained dramatically as he placed a kiss on Bali's cheek, jumping out of the jeep, "Be right out

"Mwah!" JJ explained dramatically as he placed a kiss on Bali's cheek, jumping out of the jeep, "Be right out."

"Okay, be-" Bali began, gapping as JJ flew over one of the tires in the middle of the yard, "Safe."

"I'm okay!" he stated, coming up quickly and hurrying into John B'a shed. Bali hummed as she waited, drumming on the steering wheel of her jeep. She looked around, haven't driven it in quite some time. A picture of her and Sarah was clipped to her sunvisser, the bracelet JJ made her last year around the mirror. Her hands became busy, fumbling with the glovebox, searching for anything else she'd forget about.

Then she froze.

A small bag, so small she was surprised she even saw it. A white power on the inside, calling her name. Memories danced all over it, reminding her what it was, who she was on it. Cocaine. Sitting in her glovebox from quite a long time ago, simple staring at her, mocking her.

She wanted to grab it, toss it out the window and let the passing junkies take it. But she was frozen, staring at it, staring as her mine clouded.

"Bal."

"Bali!" JJ called. The Pandaros girl reached over, taking hold of the small bag and crumbling it into her pocket. Bali turned to look out the window again, her smile dropping as she stared at the man walking beside JJ.

Luke Maybank.

"Don't think i've met this one." he stated, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Get in the car." JJ spoke to his dad, Bali gapping and the man opened her back door and climbed in.

"JJ, hello?" Bali called, watching her boyfriend circle the car, hoping out before he had the chance to, "What is the plan here? I'm gonna kick that assholes asshole!"

"Listen to me." JJ grabbed hold of the arms, the pair standing infront of the jeep, "I need to get into the marina at the Island Club. There's a boat there he can take. You got the sticker on your jeep, and you have the card to prove it. Twenty minutes, thats all I need."

Bali grabbed his arms now, a small nod, "You don't owe him anything. Not after all he's done."

JJ's eyes softened, "I know, Bal."

She frowned, pushing up on her toes to kiss his nose, "Okay, come on, we gotta be quick, the twinkie is drowning."

"I know." JJ sighed, circling the front, "The cops are after him. If I do this now, maybe I will never have to do it again."

"I'm not gonna let you do it again." Bali shook her head, looking over at him over the hood of the jeep, "This is the last time i'm letting you risk your life for something that is not worth it. Do you hear me?"

"I hear you." he gave her a nod, climbing into the truck and see the open glove box, "Find anything?"

"No." Bali shook her bead, starting the jeep up again, looking up in her mirror and finding Luke looking at them, "Don't you look at us, you squid."