34| BETRAYING HER EX BEST FRIEND

Kelce wasn't a bad guy

Did he suck up to Rafe Cameron and treat him like he was some god? Absolutely. Was he a complete asshole and acted shitty toward people that didn't have money? Yup. But he loved his cousin, and he loved his uncle. So what he saw, he knew he had to tell them about.

Kelce wasn't friend with Conner. He thought he was sick for what he did to Bali, hated him for spreading a rumor about a fifteen year old girl sleeping around. And she was his only cousin, he loved her, so he couldn't stand Conner. No one really could. Rafe hated him just as much, Topper only dealt with him because their parents were friends. But all that aside, he was still a Kook, and Kelce still had a reputation to fulfill.

Knocking on the Delgado door was a breeze, he knew exactly what he was gonna say and how he was gonna say it. He expected Conners dad to open the door, a bottle of whisky in hand and looking completely torn apart. But instead, when the door opened, his face fell and he nearly dropped the casserole in his arms.

"Kelce." Cassandra spoke with wide eyes. Her legs were bare, a blue button up stopped mid thigh. Hair a mess, flushed face. It wasn't hard to know what was going on, "What are-"

But he didn't give her a chance to finish, turning on his heels to leave with the casserole in hands.

The first time Cassandra cheated on Dante was a few years ago, neither of them knew Bali knew it either. She was just thirteen, they sheltered her so bad they weren't even sure if she knew what sex even was. She did, and she knew when a random guy showed up and disappeared to her moms room it wasn't just them having a talk. Dante forgave her though, because he really did love Cassandra. He loved her since the day he broke down on The Cut, not realizing he was out of gas and she gave him a ride home.

But when Kelce showed up, swearing on his life he hadn't been lying, it broke him a little. Bali, who was already feeling down about the fight with her own lover , cried. She didn't want to seem selfish because this was her dads pain, not hers. But it really did hurt to know her mom would do this to him, to her dad that she loved so much. Dante had done so much for Bali, he loved her through all her mistakes. Sure, he was hard on her for her reputation on the family, but that was only because he wanted whats was best for her.

"Kelce, thanks for stopping by, son." Dante spoke. Bali looked out the window as tears rolled down her face slightly.

"I can stay." Kelce spoke, seeing his uncles pain in his eyes, "Hang out a bit."

"Nah, nah. I have a meeting soon anyways." Dante shook his head as he patted him on the back and lead him out the door. Bali stood up when she heard the front door close, going around the corner to find her father leaning on the door.

"Dad." she spoke, leaning on the frame, "Do you wanna talk?"

"I have a meeting." he said quietly, grabbing the blazer from the coat rack, "I hate a meeting at the hotel."