38| ALL THREE CAMERONS

After the accident, only immediate family was needed with the Cameron's

After the accident, only immediate family was needed with the Cameron's. Bali and Dante left, going back home where Cassandra was. Bali was thankful she'd been cleaning out her, now completely wrecked office, so she could sneak upstairs. Being alone was exactly what Bali needed, she'd needed it for a while now. Her phone buzzed when she collapsed on her bed, grabbing hold of it with a sigh.

JJ: Want me to come get you babe?

Bali had to crack a smile as she texted back.

Bali: I'll come to you in a bit. Don't forget your coma before babe.

Bali tosses her phone aside and laid her head down on the pillow. It smelt like JJ's shampoo, considering this was his side of the bed. Bali turned on her side and looked at her laptop with her documents inside. Reaching over, she grabbed hold of it and opened the new chapter.

Chapter Sixteen: Serena's Fathers Death Day.

It was enough for now, going into details as to what just happened not her cup of tea. Instead, Bali shut her laptop and grabbed hold of one of her new books. She'd gifted Pope One Of Us Is Lying but was still left with the three others. Bali wondered if she should be looking for clues to find Conner, she thought about how sketchy it was when she was shot at in the exact place the directions lead her.

Bali knew it was far from the time to invest in a kidnapping when police were already all over with the recent evens that happened a hour ago. Her hands grabbed hold of Devil All The Time, remembering how badly she wanted it. That felt like forever ago, though it had just been a few days. Laying back against her many pillows, she allowed herself to feel herself again as she flipped the book open.

"How's it going in here?" Dante spoke up him him and Bali made it to the Cameron's later that night. The house was too quiet, Wheezie laid against the couch while Rose sat at the bar.

"Brought a bunch of pancakes, and garlic dip." Bali gave a tight lipped smile, laying the wrapped pancakes and bowl of garlic dip on the table, "Maybe not to eat together though."

Rose cracked a smile as she patted Bali's curls slightly, "Could you.."

Bali nodded, leaving the adults in the kitchen as she walked toward the couch. Wheezie laid across it, blinking behind her glasses. Bali nudged her feet, "Hey, kid."

Wheezie sighed as she glanced her way, "You're only four years older then me."

"Four and a half." Bali corrected her as she sat down, "Come over here."

Wheezie sat up and cuddled up into Bali's side, laying her head on her shoulder. Bali rubbed the side of her head with her arms around her, "You wanna hear a story about something you did when you were little?"

"What?" Wheezie asked in curiosity, sniffling in the slightest.

"When you were four, and I was eight, you threw one of those plastic fruits at me." Bali spoke as Wheezie looked up at her slightly, "I threw it back at you too."