44| ON BEHALF OF THE GENIUSES

"Where the hell were you guys?" Pope hollered as the jeep parked, the pair of lovers jumping out

"But, please, spare the details." Kie squinted her face in disgust.

"Luke was at the Chateau." JJ spoke, reaching into the back while Bali looked at the floating Twinkie.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure Conner is in a lot of danger." Bali spoke up, Sarah looking at her oddly.

"Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, and you were worrying about your ex, John B got bit by a gator!" Pope yelled, the pair looking over with wide eyes.

"John B, man, I felt that pain." Bali placed a hand on her heart with a look, "My condolences, we better get your a testic shot though."

"Like, for real?" JJ rose his eyebrows.

Sarah pointed at John B's leg, "Does it look like we're joking?"

"Well, we couldn't help that Luke decided to ambush us! I'd not like I voodooed a gator to John B!" Bali got defensive at not only Pope, but also Sarah yelling at them.

"Ugh, and Conner?" Sarah asked with an odd look.

"I overheard his crazy ass dad while getting keys for you. You're welcome." Bali mocked as she dangled the keys in the air, "What the hell even happened?"

"He got bit by a gator!"

"I got bit by a gator!"

"Obviously, I have eyes, Bert and Earnie!" Bali yelled back at John B and Pope, "Did you provoke it?"

"Provoke it?" Kie asked in disbelief.

"Steal one of its babies? John B, you give off the gator snatcher vibe." Bali pointed a finger at him, nodding her head.

"You have gator shoes and you're calling me the gator snatcher?" John B gave her an insane expression across his pale face.

"It isn't real!" Bali threw her arms up in disbelief with him, "I got you my jeep!"

"Can we go back to Conners dad? You saw him?" Sarah asked with an odd look in Bali's way.

"No, he was with my mother, if you have to know." Bali cringed with a shiver, "And they were acting so weird."

"Must be where you get it from." Kie hummed.

"How are you gonna call me weird when you-"

"When I what? Pour cherry flavored stuff on JJ?"

"Okay, Kie, you don't have to kink shame her."

"I'd like to point out that if the both of you ignored Luke and Conners dad, John B would have never gotten bit!"

"You know, maybe being bit by a gator will knock some sense into him."

"Bali!"

"We got here as fast as we could!"