37| LOSS OF A FATHER, COMFORT OF ANOTHER

"Y'all wanna go to my house?" Bali asked, becoming annoyed with the sound of JJ, Pope, and John B cheering and celebrating inside of the chateau

"Y'all wanna go to my house?" Bali asked, becoming annoyed with the sound of JJ, Pope, and John B cheering and celebrating inside of the chateau. Bali understood where they were coming from, she really did and she'd been happy John B was no longer a suspect. But Ward was still Sarah dad, and Rafe was still her brother. From Bali perspective, she'd never celebrate right infront of her the way they were.

But boys were often times selfish like that, and she fucking hated it.

"You really wanna go home?" Sarah sighed, leaning on her elbow.

"No, but I know I don't wanna be here." she said honestly, sitting the the middle of Kie and Sarah with wet hair and some of John B's clothes, "But going home means seeing my mom."

"Shes back home?" Kie questioned, laying a hand on Bali's knee.

"Packing her bags. My dad wanted to be there while she does." Bali explained, feeling her silenced phone in her pocket buzz. She ignored it, knowing it had been Cassandra, "I mean, i'm proud of him or whatever. But i'm not pissed off at the world right now. Like, I just hate everything."

"Understandable." Kie nodded her head, rubbing her knee. She looked over at Sarah, "Do you regret it?"

"No." the Cameron girl said immediately, "He deserves all of it, I know that."

"He's your dad. I get it." Kie gave a shrug of her shoulders, "I'm sure it sucks to be in the middle."

Sarahs phone ringing cut their conversation off, her eyes looking down at the screen then up at them again, "Sorry."

Bali watched Sarah stand and walk off, leaving the two girl on the porch couch. Kie nudged Bali, "What about you? Do you regret it?"

"Turning in Rafe?" she asked, looking over as Kie nodded. Bali shook her head with a shrug, "No, of course not, not with John B set free now. But like Sarah said, he deserves it but still.."

"I mean, I hate that guy but I know you guys have gone through a lot." Kie spoke, so many memories from freshman year hitting her, "I can remember how inseparable yall were for a while."

"Yeah, for a while." Bali gave a scoff as she looked down at her legs, "I was such a fucking idiot back then."

"You weren't a idiot. Addiction isn't something you can help." Kie stopped her nonsense talk immediately, "You were just an asshole."

Bali cracked a grin as Kie giggled, "I was kinda a asshole then, wasn't I?"

"The worst." she agreed with a comical laugh, "Like when you stood up on that bar stool, in the middle of Scarletts party, and mocked her for getting with Conner. I've never heard someone talk about STD's as confidently as you did that night."

"God, i'm glad I can't remember that." Bali said honestly with a shake of her head, "I was such a jerk."

"Yeah, but it wasn't you." Kie grabbed her hand with a smile, "You came back to your roots."