39| POPPED YOUR FIRST DATE CHERRY

JJ: Wanna go to the bonfire?

Bali: Not really, you should go have fun though.

Two simple text on a very shitty day. Cassandra was down stairs arguing with Dante, plus the issue that happened the night before. Bali felt like her head would explode and the last thing she wanted was to go be around a bunch of teenagers doing drugs, just to trigger her. Sarah had been with Topper the entire night, indicating why Bali came home.

Her feet walked down the stairs slowly, keeping it as quiet as she could and sitting down, listening close behind the wall.

"You're a liar and I can't trust you, ever." Dante spoke in anger to his wife, standing in the kitchen under the bright, head pounding, lights, "You have put us through this too many times. And with that man, of all people? His son is missing, his son hurt our daughter!"

"I love you, and I love Bali." Cassandra cried as her blue eyes glistened, "I don't want to loose my family."

"Bali can see you whenever she wants to." Dante shook his head with a long sigh, "We got married too young. Neither of us knew what we wanted."

"Oh, yeah, i'm sure that was the case." Cassandra laughed through her tears, "Let's not forget what you did to me, to our family."

Bali leaned in closer to the wall as she listened.

"I never once cheated on you, ever." Dante spoke angrily, yet had so much defensiveness in his tone.

"Like I believe that." Cassandra laughed at him, "You're just as bad as I am."

Bali backed up some, seeing the back of her mother storm past the stairs and out the door. She'd been thankful she didn't see her, waiting until she heard the car leave the drive way to emerge. Dante looked up when he saw his daughter, sighing loudly, "Sorry you had to hear all that, baby."

"What is mom talking about?" Bali got to the point immediately as she sat down at the bar. Dante sighed, "Why are both of you keeping so much from me?"

"I'm not-" he began, stopping with a long sigh and a shake of his head, "I never cheated on your mother. She accused me of doing so because of my assistant I use to have. She quite a long time ago, your mother never let it go."

"Why would she think you were cheating on her?" Bali had to ask, she knew her dad and he wasn't the type. But then again, she thought she knew her mother too.

"Because she was young, new to OBX, needed a job. Your mother suspected she'd been coming onto me, and maybe she was, but I never did anything." Dante reassured with a shake of his head, "And your mom- she isn't a bad person, and I wouldn't ask you to choose between us. We were young when we got married. She didn't have a place to go, I needed to be married in order to get the hotel. Over time we just expected it to work."