28| BECAUSE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

"Bali, get over here!" JJ called as he watched Bali lean over the side of the ferry, "What are you doing?"

"Look for dolphins." she said back with a odd look, taking his hand as he helped her up into the back of the truck.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." Kie huffed in disbelief, sitting on the opposite side of the truck as she nudged Bali's foot, "Wasn't your mom a pogue?"

"Yeah, and she's more judgmental toward you guys then my Kook ass dad." Bali explained as she fished through her bag, "Love my dad."

"I love you dad too." JJ agreed, "But hey, I heard they got good weed at boarding school, though."

"I'm not going to boarding school." Kie scoffed as she shook her head, "They're gonna to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

"I know how to hog tie someone. Want me to hog tie them?" Bali suggested as she pulled her phone out.

"I don't even wanna know how you know how to do that." Kie shook her head, "Did you find your phone?"

"No, dad bought me a new one." Bali shook her head, her old phone still missing from when she lost it a few days ago.

"Well, I say... we cram some herbs in right now." JJ spoke as he held the joint out to Kie, making her take it quickly.

"Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on the number yet?" Pope spoke up in questioning, looking her way.

"Like twenty million times." she said back.

"That's quite a few times." JJ gave a giggle, fixing his hat that had been on Bals head, "Don't let that fly off, Bal."

Bali hummed, leaning on the side of his leg from where he sat above her.

"Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering." Kie shook her head as she blew smoke out of her mouth.

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name." Pope confirmed with a small sigh.

"Oh, I thought we were just on the ferry for no reason." Bali nodded as Pope gave her a look of disbelief, "Thank you for the clarification, Pope."

"What were you and Topper talking about?" JJ asked her, turning his head to blow the smoke far from her face.

"Nothing really. He just misses Sarah and all his friends are being kinda assholes." Bali shrugged as she stretched her legs out infront of her, "I didn't tell him anything."

"Right now this letter is our best shot." Pope spoke up to bring the pair back to the bigger issue.

"Right, stay on task." JJ spoke with a hum, "Thats why I love ya, Pope."

Kie stood up and held the joint his way, "What Pope are you gonna be today?"

Pope gave a moment of hesitation, "I'm good. I'm gonna try and focus."