Part 31

"Surprise! I said you would regret doing it to me, Monikka." Hinata chriped. 

"Hinata?" I asked, shocked. I knew that he is into... all this but my friends? I looked back to Cody and he managed to free Coraline. "Wha- What are you doing? Leave Coraline alone!"

"NO! She's just too close to you and I hated that! Not to mention you ignored me! Your friend who actually knows you more than those... things." Hinata argued back.

I felt anger built up inside me, "How dare you call my friends as things."

Hinata smirked and he came towards me. "Try me."

I was about to attack, but Cody held me back.

"No don't, he is trying to get you mad, if you do, we'll be in real big trouble." Cody insisted.

I looked at him in silence, he did got a point. I went back to Hinata but he was nowhere to be found.

"Your chit chat is wasting my time." I heard his voice behind me. I turned back and saw him holding Coraline, with a knife on her throat.

I gasped. "NO WAIT, STOP!" I was about to move towards them but Hinata pushed the knife towards her throat more.

"If you come any closer, she's dead." He threatened.

I looked over to Cody and he looked like he was about to combust. I knew what he's going to do then.

"No Cody wait-" I didn't have any time to stop him but he ran towards Hinata trying to take the knife away.

But it was too late.

We froze as we heard squirting sounds. I looked up as Hinata threw Coraline to the ground.

Her eyes twitched and blood were coming out from her throat.

The bizarre moment just flashed before my eyes and I can't do anything about it.

I lost one of my friends.

I screamed in horror and Cody immediately went to Coraline.

I looked back at Coraline, tears were coming out of my eyes as I just sit there, unable to move my body to come to her.

I knew when someone was dead, no matter how much you tried to cry or scream out of agony, it won't bring them back. I am saying this out of experience.

Ever since I was 7, Minnerva trying to wake my parents up who I just killed. She didn't care about me, all she did was shaking my parent's dead body, asking them to wake up.

I looked up to Coraline and Cody. That's what I exactly saw 10 years ago.

This was one of the first time for my hands to shake upon seeing someone's death despite seeing it most of the times.

What did Coraline do to deserve such death?

Then when I snapped out to reality, I saw Hinata running towards me with a knife.

I closed my eyes, waiting for an impact. But I didn't feel anything.

I looked up and saw Cody holding Hinata's hand and throw him away.

I still couldn't move, I watched as Hinata standing up again and tried to attack Cody but Cody managed to dodge but Hinata knew better.

Hinata threw a punch to Cody's stomach and Cody stumbled back and fell down.

Hinata then aimed the knife towards Cody but Cody moved his legs towards Hinata and tackled him.

Hinata fell down and Cody punched Hinata until he passed out.

When he did, the whole atmosphere turned quiet. All I could hear are Cody's pants and my sobs.

I once can move and I went straight towards Coraline.

I didn't say anything but lifted Coraline's head towards my thighs as I caressed her cheek.

Her face looked lifeless, her lips dry and her neck is full of blood.

I wiped my tears with my arm and looked at Cody.

"Find some napkin on the table there. We need to stop the bleeding." I ordered.

"It's not like she'll live anyways-"

"Just take it!" I said, Cody nodded and fetched me some napkins.

"I also kept some alcohol somewhere the table you saw just now." I said and he knew what I meant, found the alcohol and gave it to me.

"Help me wipe out the blood on her neck." I said and Cody did so without saying anything.

I poured the alcohol to another napkin and gently wiped the big scar on Coraline's throat.

Knowing that they're dead is something we could understand. But moving on from them isn't something as easy.

After some time of cleaning her neck, she was finally clean from blood.

I then cleaned the floor so that no evidence would be seen because if it did, things would get much worse.

"Are we going to call the cops over this son of a bitch?" Cody asked, knowing that I knew who he meant by that term.

"No." I answered simply, waiting for angry response.

"WHAT! Monikka, I don't think you're actually aware of the situation right now. Coraline is-"

"I KNOW SHE'S DEAD!" I shouted back, frustrated. "Look, things would be really worse than it is right now if we call the cops. Sure, maybe justice for Coraline because Hinata is arrested. But it will also affect our lives too, Cody."

"Affect our lives? IT ALREADY AFFECTED MY LIFE MONIKKA! My girlfriend just died in front of me just because you had a psycho friend, Monikka!"

"IT'S NOT ALL ON ME, CODY! IF I KNEW SHIT LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN, I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE DONE SOMETHING A LONG TIME AGO!" I shouted back. "Coraline might need justice but our current situation right here right now isn't as best. I might be arrested for killing suspicions and also you will, Cody. Because we both saw the crime scene."

"So you'll just imply we just leave her dead body here?" Cody asked back.

"We could give her a proper goodbye..." I suggested.

"Without anyone knowing about it?" Cody shot back.

"Won't it be better if they don't?" I asked, trying not to snap back at him. "You knew Coraline's parents probably wouldn't even give a shit about her and no one actually cared about her presence aside from us. Who do you want to tell then? The news reporter?"

Cody kept quiet.

"She is an important person to me too, Cody. I might not realize that before, but the more we hung out, the more she actually showed that I needed her. You're not the only one who's in lost right now."

Humans tend to act selfish once someone they cared died. And one way to actually avoid that is to tell them common senses with a calm voice.

"Please, Cody. You have to understand the situation right now." I pleaded him.

He stood quiet for a while then burst into tears as he fell on his knees.

I stood quiet and walked to him, he hugged me and cried on my shoulders.

Then I could feel my tears starting to run down too.

"I'm so sorry, Cody." I apologized.

//TO BE CONTINUED//