Part 19

It has been a few days since Co-couple was official. Yeah, since Coraline and Cody's name has the same first 2 letters, I chose to make their ship name to that. Lame but I don't quite care anyway.

Also, Cody has been looking at me weirdly these days. Like he wanted to say something but he can't seem to let it out.

It kinda weirded me out, since Cody is the type to tell his feelings out good or bad. It made me comfortable since he made it clear that he was comfortable around me too.

But this is different, really unusual.

Then I was having a Math class with Coraline. The teacher was explaining things and I can't really focus since I am concerned about Cody. So I decided to ask Coraline instead since she knows everything and she is dating Cody.

I took a paper out of my desk and scribbled something down while looking out for the teacher in case he saw it.

_Hey, do you know what happened to Cody? He has been looking at me weirdly with his sad eyes these days._

I passed the note to Coraline who is sitting at the same table as me and slid it inside her notebook, which she was studying whilst looking at the teacher to look out and pretended to hear.

I felt Coraline knowing the presence of the note and read it. Once she was done, she looked at me like I had grown 3 eyes.

I raised an eyebrow at her and she just shook her head.

I waited for her writing back in the paper whilst listening to the teacher's monotonous lectures.

She gave me back the paper and I read it.

_Dude, you don't need me to ask what happened to him. I think it is quite obvious why he was acting like that._

I looked at her and shrugged, feeling really confused. I tried to recall anything he had done bad to me or anything I had done bad to him... I found nothing.

Coraline face-palmed and groaned quietly. She took out the paper I was holding and wrote something else.

_If you are really that oblivious about it, tomorrow is Saturday. Meet me in Central Park at 6 pm._

I mouthed and 'okayyy..' and we both continued to focus on the teacher's lectures.

//TIME SKIPS//

I walked up to the gate of Central Park and searched for Coraline. Then I saw her near the escape room waving at me smiling.

I walked up to her and looked around, "So, why are we here?"

She made a _you'll see_ hand sign and I nodded. She shook her head, signing me to follow her, and I did what I was told.

All of a sudden, I was pushed by Coraline into a room. I was about to protest but I saw Cody looking at me with the same expression, bewildered.

I looked back at Coraline and she pointed at a sign beside the door saying _I WANT YOU GUYS TO TALK IT OUT TOGETHER, BE COMFORTABLE WITH EACH OTHER, AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND ONCE I FOUND YOU TWO NOT DING EXACTLY WHAT I SAID, I WILL UCH YOU BACK TO THE ROOM AGAIN. UNDERSTOOD?_

Both of us nodded at a rage Coraline and Coraline slammed the door. Leaving me and Cody alone.

It was silent for a couple of minutes.

"Cody-"

"Monikka-"

"Oh, you go first-"

"Oh, you go first-"

"No, you."

"No, you."

I took a deep, stressed breath, signing him to stop. He just sighed.

Which made me sigh too.

"Look, I am sorry for-" I started.

"For what, Monikka?" Cody cut me off. "What are you sorry about? I fucked up, you were trying to do the right thing, Coraline being an innocent victim and you keep your feelings to yourself. And you are sorry?"

I stared at the floor, fiddling my fingers whilst looking down. Oh my god, I am acting peculiar, but I cannot help it. I cannot help to feel bad.

"I-I just thought-"

"Thought of what Mon? Thought that you can hurt your feelings for the sake of mine? I fucked up so much, I thought I really deserved a hard slap on my face and you're blaming yourself for my own mistakes? I thought you were fierce, Mon. But you just had to- just had to-" Cody burst into tears, he fell on his knees and sobbed loudly. I ran to him.

"Cod-"

"NO! Stop being so nice to me, Mon. Your kindness is being a complete bomb to me. It just made me feel so bad, I needed to kill myself in return." Cody sobbed.

"Cody, that's not-"

"STOP-"

"CODY, LISTEN TO ME!" I screamed, making the poor boy sniffle quietly, whimpering, making my heart cracking up to a million pieces. But I needed to make things clear. "Yes, Cody. I like you, so much. I cried every day thinking what was the flaw that made you not like me. But then I realized, it was just meant to be that way and you can't force it. This is the first time I have weird feelings towards a boy, Cody. I didn't know what to do when I knew you liked Coraline. It just hurts so much and it hurt more to move on. I was trying to do the right thing, what I thought was the right thing. Now you got what you wanted, you are already dating Coraline and-"

"So what did you get?" Cody interrupted.

"What?"

"I said what did you get?" Cody said, "You did all that, sacrificed all your feelings for my sake and what did you get? All you get was more pained feelings. I can't help to thank you because I didn't think a nerd like me would actually date the girl I like. And you gave it all to me like it was nothing although the prize was very expensive. You should've just told me since the beginning."

"Tell you what? That I like you and you have to stop liking Coraline for my sake? Like I said, Cody. You can't force your feelings the way you wanted it to be. I knew the prize was expensive and I won't get anything in return, but I did it anyway because I knew that I will not be getting anything if I did something wrong. So I did the right thing, although I still don't get something good, at least the people I care about are happy." I shed a tear. "I knew it was hard, but you just got to make a call. I have dealt with many kinds of pain which were much worse than this, but I never felt so happy doing it just so I can see you smile widely."

Cody sobbed, "It could have been a better way to sort that out before, you know?"

"But what was done is already done, Cody."

"I am so happy to have a friend like you, Mon."

I giggled sadly, "It is nice to hear that."

Suddenly I felt two arms hugging me tightly, giving me a warm, tight hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Thank you so much, Mon," Cody whispered.

"It is the best I could do," I replied and broke the hug. "Now why don't we get out of this room, aye?"

A/N: Sorry for the late update, my pc was broken.