Part 4

CODY'S POINT OF VIEW

WHAT?!

Wait wait wait...

WHAT?!

THIS CAN'T BE REAL... NO THIS CANNOT BE REAL

I looked back at my shoulders only to find the girl I wanted to stay away the most out of everybody in this school.

THE DARK AURA, AKA MONIKKA MAYLEEN

I mean, just because I am a nerd doesn't mean I could run away from the hottest topic on school, no matter how much I tried to.

Monikka was known as the dark aura in the school, people always gossiped about her, talked bad about her even make rumors which I don't know which is true since there is so many of them and some don't make any senses. Although how bad people talked about her, making scary theories about her until the principal even heard about it. She doesn't care about all those things. She just casually walks while people were giving her space in the hall. Sometimes I saw her smirked.

The reason why I tried to stay away from her was that I heard if a person tried to be near her than anyone could, even worse if they touch her. They will get bad luck for the rest of your life. And now she wants to help me? Why?

Anyways I couldn't say no, I mean, I don't want my head out of my body. She looks like a girl who could kill too and I don't wanna risk my life just for a simple rejection. I couldn't run away either.

I checked the back of the paper and saw a note too.

P.S. Meet me at the rooftop on lunchtime.

Okay...

_________________________________________________________

MONIKKA'S POINT OF VIEW

LOL, you should see the look on his face, he looked like he just saw the 1000x scarier clown.

I chuckled softly before Ms. Hailey came inside the class and started the lesson.

~Skip to lunch~

I packed my things, placed my unneeded books on my locker, and walked straight up to the rooftop.

I opened the door and felt the wind breezed against my skin, I inhaled the fresh -not so but better than AC- air and made my way towards one of the benches there.

Then suddenly I stopped my feet. I heard something unusual.

Human breathing and it is fast...

I looked to my right and saw that Cody guy. He stood there frozen while holding the book in his hand tightly, his eyes were wide and his face is sweaty. His breath hitched the moment I looked at him.

He is scared. Good.

I slowly made my way towards him. "Hello, Cody." I smiled. He was visibly shaking, his lips trembled trying to say something but no words came out.

I sighed, as much as I like seeing people being scared, nothing will work as a plan if he keeps on distancing himself from me. I wanna put those bullies to their own place but I can't do it alone. Half of my heart has a psychotic behavior, that was why I could control the behavior as much as I could, unless when I am angry. I have kept my crazy side in me for so long that I need a relief. I wanna kill them but it will only make things worse than ever.

But.. how do I make him trust me?

"Look," I started to speak. "I don't wanna hurt you, as long as you do as I said. I just wanna teach those bullies a lesson but I can't do it alone. When I saw you being bullied by them, I know I had to make you my partner-in-crime. So I will do anything to make you not scared of me." I tried yo make my voice as sad and begging as possible so this human will have some sympathy for me.

But it didn't work.

His eyes were still wide and he still didn't speak a word.

I sighed again. "Let's just sit on the bench first, shall we?" I gestured him to sit at the nearest bench and he stumbled to the bench, almost falling down but quickly made a grab of the bench's hand and began to sit down.

Is he really that scared of me?

I walked over to the bench and both of us sat at each edge of the bench. He looks pretty uncomfortable.

"W-why a-a-are you sud-suddenly wanted to t-teach the b-b-bullies a lesson?" He started off. As long as he is comfortable talking to me, I will answer him.

"Well, you remember the time when you were bullied in the basement yesterday? I was there, I wanted to protect you but they insulted me, that made my blood boil. Then I saw you lying unconsciously on the ground, I somehow pity you." I said the truth but not all.

After hearing my words, he calmed down a bit. He fiddled his fingers, "But I was bullied tons of times, why are you here now?"

I shrugged, "Usually I don't give a damn about people, even until that time, I had nothing to do so I just head to the basement. Then I saw you fainted with them kicking your stomach, I knew I had to do something from then."

He nodded. I looked over at him. "Any more questions?" I asked, then I realized, "If you are scared of me because of the school rumors. None of them are true," Well, I guess there are some "I just happen to have a cold personality to people whom I don't know, and I felt comfortable with it."

He looked up to me, "So you do hear rumors about yourself."

I nodded, "Yes, but they are just rumors, not that I care, they are not true anyways," I shrugged.

"Bad luck.." Cody mumbled.

Suddenly it made all sense to me. "Ahhh, if you are referring to being near me will cause bad luck. You would probably have good luck being near with me since we are going to torture.. ehem ehem, I mean to teach the bullies a lesson so you will not be bothered anymore."

He nodded, agreeing to my statement.

"But I guess you have had a worse reputation in school and we will become the hottest topic, The Nerd is Being Friends With The Dark Aura, Could This Be Any Worse?" I wiped the air with my hands while making a dramatic sound of the topic. He chuckled, "I mean, I don't care about it since no one dares to be near me, and if you are near me, they won't dare to be near you either."

"So what do you say, Nerd? Let those people think and talk while we enjoy ourselves walking on the red carpet. Then if the mission has done, you could stay away as much as you want again without me, or anyone, bothering you." I offered him a handshake, waiting while smiling sincerely at him.

He smiled, after a good 10 seconds of thinking, he finally took my hand and shook it. I smiled widely.

"Okay, I will join you."