Part 8

A/N: Please vote ^^

//FLASHBACK//

-MONIKKA'S POINT OF VIEW-

The 7 years-old me was walking like a dead person through the halls of my house for the rest of 10 minutes, searching for food as my tummy grumbled since yesterday.

I dragged my legs back to the kitchen, hoping the food would magically appear to my sight for me to eat.

By the end, I still haven't found any food. So I gave up.

I walked to the basement where my evil parents place my room at, being a sobbing mess as I clutched my tummy since it hurt from the lack of food inside it.

Just before I went downstairs, I heard a scary voice behind me.

"Where do you think you're going, you little shit."

I froze and felt shivers down my spine as I heard the last voice I wanna hear from this whole world.

I lowered my head down and turned my body towards that evil woman who was exactly behind me, my tears flowing down more.

Suddenly I felt a sudden stinging on my left cheek. "I SAID WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU WORTHLESS, DEAF BITCH!"

I suddenly lifted my hand to my cheek and where she slapped. "I-I.."

She took out my hand which was holding my cheek and used her long nails to scratch my cheek on the part it was slapped hard on.

I fell on the sudden force that hit my body as she pushed me which led me to fall down the stairs to the basement.

"Aww.." I cried while I tried my very best to stand up but the pain on my backbone refused to work together.

I looked up to my evil mother who smirked evilly at me. "You are lucky you little shit, I am not in the mood for whipping you right now, but we'll see about your father." And with that, she slammed the door from the staircase to the basement shut.

Once I heard her heels click fading away. I hold my left cheek for dear life.

It took all my will power to stand up and half-crawled over to the mirror which is on the other side of the basement.

Once I got to the mirror, I examine my left cheek. It's full of scratches and is really redder than a tomato.

Once I saw how bad it is, more pain started to strike my poor cheek which made me sob louder.

I fell down, my skin making contact with the cold floor. I hugged my knees and cry my heart out.

//END OF FLASHBACK//

-CODY'S POINT OF VIEW-

It has been 10 minutes since Monikka let go of my collar. She has been sitting down, hugging her knees, and buried her face between her arms.

I have already got rid of those bitches and without any hesitation, they ran away.

Now I am just waiting for Monikka.

I checked the time and it showed 8:15.

I sighed and began to shook her shoulders again.

"Monikka, hey. You should really stand up. Class will be starting any sooner." I tried convincing her. I literally sounded like I am begging for her to get up.

But she still didn't budge.

I exhaled a long breath. "Look if you don't want to get up, then I guess this whole thing of taking the bullies a lesson is just bullshit," I said sternly.

She is still silent and I got frustrated.

"Fine then! I will leave, do not ever talk to me again." I shouted at her and got up to leave. Just the time when I am about to open the door, I heard her voice.

"Do you ever considered me as a friend, Cody?"

-THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW-

"Do you ever considered me as a friend, Cody?"

Monikka's question startled Cody. He slowly turned back and faced her who's head is lifted a bit but still looking at the floor.

"W-what?" Cody asked.

Monikka looked up to him with tears in her eyes. "Do you ever considered me as a friend?"

Cody's eyes went wide when he saw her tears on her cheek and immediately went to her.

"H-hey, I think you need some medication, let's go to the clinic-"

"Answer the question, Cody!"

He flinched at her screams. Confused at what's going on.

"Of-of course I do..." Cody hesitated.

Monikka chuckled,

Lies

But she can't blame him, they just met after all. So she asked something that made more sense.

"Do you wanna be friends with such a person like me? A loner? The school's iconic bad luck in person? The person who people avoid? An untalented person? A cold-hearted person?...

...A killer?"