Part 5

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"So what's the plan?" Cody asked, making Monikka snapped back to reality after her fantasies about torturing them the way she loves it.

"O-oh? Oh yeah. Well, since this is our first day torturing them-"

"Torture?"

"Ahh, I mean teaching them a lesson. But please get used to me saying torture, it is easier." Although she knows herself the reason why she said that word. Cody just nodded, asking for her to continue. "So we make our torture a bit easy first, maybe we could start by pranking them in front of the school. But we have to make sure that they knew we did it."

"Why must they know?"

"So they will know who is messing with them and probably will respect us for them knowing their place. But it won't be easy, they will try to seek revenge on us too, that is why we need to stay close to each other and keep an eye out." Monikka explained. "AND there will be risks of the school student telling on us, but it will be rare since they will think that they will be the next victim on ours."

"This will be a lot of drama.," Cody mumbled.

Monikka chuckled, "Yeah, but I am the person who doesn't care, if you wanna bare with this situation, you will at least try not to be that sense of words. I mean, come on, you are a boy, step up." She encouraged him. He only nodded.

"Seems that you are not that comfortable with me yet... But no worries, I can wait until you fully trust me." Although she sounded like she was talking to him, she was worried that the plan won't work if he keeps on distancing himself from her. So she tried to think of ways to get him fully trust her.

But she can't think of anyway.

She has been so long living her life with her self independently since she was 13 without any kinds of helping from the people surrounded by her who were willing to help her that she never have a feeling of being with a friend and not to mention that, she has never tried to think of ways for her friend to trust her.

She has never been so frustrated before and it is killing her.

Usually, she will get what she wants by threatening people but it will only be worse if he is feeling threatened.

So the only way she gotta do is to ask him herself.

Cody seems to notice the way Monikka has been in her world since it has been complete silence for 5 minutes, her eyes seemed to be looking everywhere aside from him and her fingers were fiddling.

For that one time, Cody felt concerned about the person he feared the most.

And he can't blame himself because he has a sensitive heart and is willing to help anybody that needs his help sincerely but not by force. And Monikka was one of them. So he decided to ask.

"Hey, Monikka... what's wrong?" Cody asked while tilting his head towards her in a concerned way.

Monikka didn't answer him, instead she just lowered down her head messed her hair up in a frustrating way.

"I just... I feel like you couldn't trust me for who I am because of the scary rumors the school made about me," Monikka felt like she could explode from confusion. "I mean, I know this is still the first time we met so we didn't get to know each other. But if you still want to stay in your life right now and stay away from me. You still have the 5 minutes chance to go now." Monikka said while her head was still hanging low.

Although Monikka wanted her plan to work, she couldn't force him to follow whatever she said even if it was for his and her good.

Maybe she is made to be alone with no friends at all.

While on the other said, Cody seemed like he has to choose the options between life or death. After a good 5 minutes of thinking, he decided to stay.

Monikka looked up to her watch and saw it has been 5 minutes, she looked to her left, surprised to see the thick glasses nerd still sitting down with her, not moving a muscle, he gave the intense stare at her as if he was signing that he is staying.

"But why-"

"I think it is for the best if I stay with you. I couldn't stand having my whole life here only for being bullied all the time. Maybe I could get courage fro you," He smiled sincerely "..And maybe you could have the feeling of having a friend who is willing to be beside you when you needed help."

Monikka was somehow touched by his words. She has never really needed help with something and now she does, although it is for something stupid and not really important, maybe she could get more than her pleasure for torturing those bullies.

Maybe, maybe one day, she could learn how to care for people.

"Look, I know that you have that cold expression on your face and your attitude shows that you don't care. But you are here to make my life better, not intentionally since it was because you just wanted to put them in their own places since they called you names. I could do a favor back by teaching you how to be a normal human for life. You are 16 Monikka, and it is unhealthy for you not to have friends at the age where you need to communicate in the future. So let me help you."

Monikka took his words in deeply. She realized that maybe living alone in life isn't one of the best ideas she could have right now especially in her 16th age.

Monikka looked up to Cody and smiled dearly at him.

"You know what, Cody?" She spoke up.

Cody looked at her, "Hm?"

"Maybe you are right for once."

Cody grinned.

"But it doesn't change the fact that you are still a nerd, nerd."