Part 18

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment or else you will end up like the man in the last chapter. (And no I am not threatening you :D)

Monikka swept her uniform carefully and took a deep breath as she got into the school hallway. Suddenly she left her phone buzzing in her bag.

O'Shea:

Meet me on the rooftop

And no, Cody is not here, yet

Monikka sighed before continuing her steps towards the rooftop.

Once she made it, she opened the door with a frowning Coraline. She furrowed her eyebrows, and she made her way to Coraline.

"Sooooooo..." Monikka said. "How is it?"

'How is what?' Coraline said while crossing her arms, still with that ugly face of hers.

"You know..." Monikka said with her eyes looking everywhere but Coraline. Coraline just rolled her eyes and showed her notebook.

Dude, what is wrong with you? Why did you set up a date for me and Cody?

"Heh, you sound like you don't know what's happening right now." Monikka shot back.

Bitch, I am the one with the big brain here. I know you like Cody, I know you set the date up, and I know you tortured a poor man for the sake of your sadness.

"You know all that shit, but you don't know this feeling Cody has towards you that is quickly seen by our eyes? I might not notice that at first since I liked him, now I do," Monikka replied. "He likes you, Coraline. He doesn't like me. I have learned how to move on from those although it is quite inhuman. But that is life, O'Shea. You can't expect something to go on your way."

Monikka stared at Coraline with a blank face. Oh no, she can't cry. She felt sadness, but the tears won't be worth it. She won't let herself be vulnerable as she was at 5. She cannot let that thing happen again.

Monikka sighed and looked at Coraline. "Look, just accept his feelings and date. I like him but it won't be as good if he is not happy. Maybe you could find your feelings after some time."

Suddenly Monikka's sensitive ears perked up.

A hitched breath.

They're not alone.

Then Coraline started to write in her notebook and while Monikka was waiting for her reply, she took the chance to look who the spy is.

Monikka took out her mirror and faced the mirror to her face, pretending to examine herself. She tilted the mirror a bit and saw somebody looking at Monikka through the mirror with wide eyes as they realized she knew they were there.

Cody?

Monikka furrowed her eyebrows and tried to do something, but Coraline shoved her notebook to Monikka.

I won't do it, wtf. It is like you want me to have sex with a sleeping crocodile. Once I did it, it will wake the crocodile up to kill me. You will be upset, and I don't want to ruin our friendship.

"Ruin our friendship? Dude, if you decline his feelings, it will be worse than you accepting it. Besides, Cody will be happy. You will be happy. In the future, and I will feel no sadness too. I have moved on, I guess. But I know how to react if he doesn't like me," Monikka explained. "It is either a win on a win with accepting or lose everything bu rejecting. Choose." Monikka said sternly.

Coraline poked her tongue on her side cheek and rubbed her arm. Then she looked at her and nodded. 'Okay, I will accept him.' She mouthed. Monikka wondered how she could understand it.

"Good," Monikka said. "I will go now. Hopefully, it will work. Oh, and I won't be joining you guys after school. I need to visit someone."

Coraline nodded and waved her goodbye.

Welp.

//TIME SKIPS//

-MONIKKA'S POINT OF VIEW-

I skipped to Hope Orphanage happily, wanting to visit a friend of hers. Yeah, I have been making new friends lately... just not the normal ones, but different people have different tastes, I guess.

"Oh, hey, Monikka." The old lady greeted me. I just waved awkwardly.

Lmao, I didn't even know her name until now.

"Hey, Chloe." I greeted the 5-year-old. She looked in my direction but not to me and grinned. She then turned back to her book to write something.

I look at her book to see what she is writing and gasped in shock.

I didn't know she understands the Chinese language, not to mention her handwritings are beautiful, and she writes with the left hand.

Too bad. I can't understand Chinese. (A/N: Lmao me in real life. K I'll go.)

"Hey, I brought you food. But I wasn't sure which one you would like, so I took all," I said. "So you want a mini pizza, a burger, or a chocolate bar?" I asked.

Chloe stopped her writings and flipped to another page. She started to write something.

Chloe wants all.

I chuckled. This girl talks from the 3rd point of view, aye?

"Okay then, good thing I brought dumplings," I said and took out all the food. But just before I could give anything to Chloe.

Chloe's head shot up at the word of dumplings, and immediately snatched my dumpling away from me and began to eat like it was the last day of her life.

I watched her as she eats eagerly and once she is done, she opened out her hand and looked at me with a stern face as if she was asking more.

What a bitch, not gonna lie, I would probably do that if someone brought me food.

"Okay there, I will go out for a while and get some dumplings okay? You stay here." I said and get out of the orphanage to go to a dumpling restaurant and order a take out.

This girl has some serious desires for dumplings. Like my desire for chicken wings!

~~

I came back with the dumplings and saw Chloe drawing something.

"Hey, there kiddo," Coraline got startled by my arrival and folded her drawing paper immediately but I decided to ignore it.

"Here are your dumplings," I said and handed her the plastic bag. She took the plastic bag and shoved the folded paper harshly to my chest. I winced at the sudden pain but it didn't hurt that much.

Chloe started eating her dumplings and I unfolded the paper she gave.

I looked at the drawing in awe.

It's a drawing of me and Chloe, holding hands in a park, smiling. While behind our drawings are dead people blood spreading all over it.

We look happy, it is nice doing the things that make you happy.

A/N: :D