twenty eight

It wasn't like Manik want to but he couldn't it but feel insecure and why not afterall Nandini and him weren't together anymore. Aryaman was her boyfriend now so when next day Nandini decided to pick Aryaman up from the station how couldn't Manik intervene in between. Nandini had no interest in accepting Manik's help so she declined his offer to drive her. But had luck have ever been on her side?

No.

So even though she didn't want to still she was right now sitting in Manik's car waiting for him to start it because Soha made her realize how hard it would be to find a taxi or anything else from there as it wasn't a scheduled place. So at the end she accepted the offer. Manik was driving but ever so often his eyes would look at Nandini and that was pissing her off.

** nandini's pov **

I couldn't understand him. What was his problem? Why was Manik staring at me? I was getting agitated he would open his mouth to say something but no words would come out and eventually he would decide to keep his mouth shut. It was frustrating I couldn't pretend to ignore it anymore so I asked.

" What's your problem Manik?" I asked annoyed.

" Ermm nothing." he replied curtly without trying to explain at all.

" Fine. Then keep your eyes at the road. I wanna reach hospital instead of station." I knew I sounded bitter but I wasn't sorry because he made my life into living hell. I hate his guts.

" Nandini.........." he started again but after calling my name he didn't say anything instead when I looked at him I found him taking deep breaths and I noticed his hands were sweating.

" Manik?? Are you alright??" I asked even if I didn't like that fact but I knew I was worried for him.

** pov over **

Nandini quietly asked Manik to pull the car at side. She could see that Manik wasn't okay. He was in no condition to drive. The moment manik pulled over quickly Nandini touched his forehead slightly brushing his few hair locks slowly. He was heating up. He had high fever. Nandini looked at Manik as he was some stupid and may be he was because who in the right mind would agree to drive in high fever except of course Manik Malhotra.

Nandini wanted to curse and yell at him but his condition made him soft for him. So she decided not to say anything all together otherwise she surely would have taunted the man for being that dumb. Nandini told Manik to change seats with her so she could drive. She wasn't the best driver yet she could manage to take them back at the palace without dying.

** manik's pov **

When I called her name she looked at me. Her beautiful doe eyes staring at me. I wanted to ask her what had I ever done for her to hate me so much. Why did she despised me so much? I knew I fucked up big time. I knew I did mistake but was it really worth for her to leave me altogether? Since I had met her after 2 freaking years all I saw in her eyes was either hate or her eyes would turn stone cold. No emotions at all.

Earlier I had thought enough was enough. Now I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to make things right specially before Nandini pick up that chimpanzee of a boyfriend from station. I wanted to clear it out between us. I knew we needed to talk. Things couldn't go on like that. But I couldn't utter any word after her name.

My body was aching and I was sweating badly. I was feeling light fever since yesterday but I was ignoring it I thought it was minor and would go away. I had thought of taking medicine last night before going to sleep but after whole interaction with Nandini I had. I got distracted and had gone to sleep without taking medicine and now it was acting up. I was having high fever and Nandini looked worried which actually kinda made me happy inside. She still cared or she would have been worried for even a walking stranger for that matter.

" Pull over." I heard her say. Her voice low like a whisper.

I obeyed and pulled over with my sweating hands. Her trembling hands reached my forehead and I leaned into her touch, my eyes closing automatically at tiredness. She patted my cheeks lightly so I forced myself to open my eyes at look at her, with a faint smile on her face she asked me to change seats with her. I didn't have energy to whine so without arguing I obliged.

** pov over **

It wasn't like Nandini needed to pick Aryaman cause she had promised him so or anything like that. It was simply she thought to give Aryaman a surprise by being there once he would step out of the train. Because she felt like Aryaman was actually trying and even if not then also the guy had always been so sweet and nice to him so for once she wanted to try or at least wanted to show Aryaman that she was trying.

She surely loved Aryaman. She cherished him but like a friend. It was going to be a long road to be in love with him or may be she would never reach there but finally she was going to try, she couldn't be hung up on her petty past anymore. That was why she was freaking annoyed at Manik cause he always that do make her fall back in that miserable pit of her past.

Just when she genuinely wanted to give Aryaman a try. Manik had to get sick.

Nandini couldn't do anything so she just sighed. The only relief was that she hadn't told Aryaman in advance that she would pick him up otherwise she would have hated to break his heart. She didn't want to upset him when the boy wasn't at any fault. Nandini came out of her monologue when she heard some noise. Manik was snoring.

** nandini's pov **

Okay it wasn't the right moment to laughing but could I help it when I could hear Manik snoring. I giggled while taking out my mobile to record it, for future research purposes or you know blackmailing had always been an option too. Recording a short clip of him snoring with his eye brows scrunched together and protruding his lips in a pout.

I stopped laughing and drove us back to the palace. Soha found me trying to take a sleepy manik to his room, actually our room as we were sharing it but whatever. She found me struggling with that giant of monster and came half running towards me with worry on her face.

" Is manik okay? What's wrong with him? Why is he sleeping right now? Is it serious? Should I call an ambulance?" Soha started without giving a pause so I could explain. The way her eyes widened and the way she touched his burning face.

She was too concerned about him and I felt a pang in my heart. She seemed to have a bond with Manik which was beyond friendship, they always seemed too close and comfortable with each other. Did she like him? Were they a thing? Now wasn't the time nandini. I told myself and even though after Soha checked his temperature she must have known he had fever but I still decide to tell her. She nodded and held Manik.

** pov over **

" Nandini you go find something to eat in the kitchen. I will take him to the room." Nandini quietly agreed to Soha and made her way to the kitchen with her heart feeling heavy.

• • •

So yeah finally I updated hehehe. Gosh I am so busy these days. My exams are going on damn it. And besides you guys know teachers always giving tons shit of assignments and all. So yeah. Hehehe well so how are you all? Thoughts about the update?

Hehehe BTW fun fact this is 28 ch and my dob is also 28 Oct. Just tell Hehe.