ten

The familiar musk perfume filled her nostrils. And nandini's heart beats raced rapidly, she felt the hot breaths at the nap of her neck and the shiver ran through she spine, giving her goose bumps.

She didn't need to turn to know who the person was as she knew there had always been this person who had such an effect on her body but still she was wishing herself to be wrong.

" Hello Miss MURTY." and her hope came down crashing when she heard the voice.

It was him. It was Manik. Nandini exhaled a heavy breath and turned with a poker face, all blank and didn't even flinch a but. She held her head up to meet his with full confidence while her fists clenched and teeth gritted.

** manik's pov **

She was facing me now and when I looked in her eyes, there was something different in them which my nor my mind either my heart was able to interpret and that feared me. For the first time I wasn't able to get what was she was going through.

" hello Miss murty." I said again while raising my hand for a handshake.

She looked at me with a frown which made me chuckle but what else I could do. It was funny that we were meeting again after freaking 2 years but she had still managed to act like we didn't meet ever yesterday in that resturant.

She didn't know me okay, so I was in this being strangers game too. It would be fun to start it all over again. To start our bond overall and this time I would let it break. I won't let her go, not this time.

I cleared my throat to get her attention but instead of acknowledging me, she looked away after rolling her eyes and huffing in frustration. Yeah my presence made her frustrated which I would have never thought will happen.

But life is ironic right. The things we think will happen never, happens for sure. And besides I am Manik Malhotra how could my life be normal, simple and plan. I withdrew my hand back and she entered inside the room.
I was confused weather to decide of going in or not but my conflict was halted as I saw the person coming.

" so finally Mr Malhotra is here." he said.

" oh shut up cabir." and I ruffled my hair in irritation.

" wow wow calm down angry hulk. What happened why are to exploding like a volcano?" I was confused of what to tell him.

I didn't know so I let it go. And thought to be my usual self so that Mr Cabir Detective Dhawan didn't smell anything awkward.

" nothing, I am just annoyed man. I mean we have an important meeting with Mr Shikhawat but he hasn't arrived yet." cabir looked at me for few seconds and I kept my irritated look on my face to go with the act and may be he was convinced as he looked away.

" yeah you are right man. Let's go in the cabin. " and I followed cabir.

The cabin was wide enough and the view from the glass window was breath taking. I went near the window and traced the glass with my fingers. It was a little heated up due to sun rays. I looked over. There were huge, tall buildings outside, birds were flying high in the sky, freely. And my heart crumbled at it, I wasn't free.

I was still caged in the heart break but these birds told me that the sky is boundless, endless and so should my hope be. I should have faith and hope that me and Nandini would get back together despite the distance which had been created between us in the due time.

And still crying over heart break won't solve it, I need to win her trust back. I need to win the love back she had for me. And I will, to my luck nandini was here too means she could meet her and could show my love for her.

** pov end **

Manik was adoring the view while lost in his thoughts when he sound of something falling and when he turned, there cabir was standing with his jaw dropped along a vase on the floor.

The vase was completely shattered into pieces and the artifical flowers spread on the floor. Manik glared cabir while he just smiled sheepishly and scratched back of his neck.

" now what should we do?" cabir questioned.

" You think yourself how to save your neck from getting strangled man. I don't know you. Who are you?" manik shrugged his shoulders and gave a I don't care look.

" hayee bhagwan (oh god) why didn't I die before facing this day. Dost dost na raha (friend doesn't remain friend) ab me kaha jake apna muh chupau ( now where should I go and hide my face)....."cabir wasn't able to complete his over dramatic speech as he was cut off by manik.

" Hahaha seriously cabir, how do you do this? " manik asked in awe.

" do what? " cabir stared at him in confusion.

" how you always manage to crack such lame jokes in every situation, like how?"

" Hahaha.. Talent bro talent." cabir giggled and manik shook his head in disbelief.

" please remind me why are you best friend. " manik bend down and started collecting the flowers.

" because...... You love me. " cabir gave flying kiss with a wink while manik made a disgusting face.

" ewww... Yuck cabir... I will kick your ass hard if you didn't shut up now. " cabir grinned at his friends not so intimating warning.

Cabir collected the pieces of vase and threw them in dustbin and manik was about to do same with the flowers when he stopped suddenly and stuffed them in his bag with a smile.

The floor was completely cleaned now and both buddies gave a hifi to each other on their brilliant work. Till then Mr shekhawat entered in the cabin too and the meeting began.

It went on and on Manik was listening keenly and was debating too but cabir was snoring with open eyes, his eyes were dropping but everytime manik punched him under the table to keep him awake while cabir gave him you will pay for this look which wasn't doing anything on Manik.

Instead he bit his near cheek to control himself from busting into laughter, seeing a grumpy cabir with annoyed look was his favourite entertainment in that boring meeting.

It was evening now, meeting was packed up and everybody dispersed back to their homes. Manik reached in his flat with a goofy smile, putting his shoes off he twirled around, humming song and swaying his body.

He entered in the kitchen and thought of cooking something to eat but he was tired so he ended up calling at a pizzaria and ordered a pizza with a lava cake.

" now how would you keep yourself away from me Miss Murty." he smiled and fell himself on sofa.

Soon the delivery boy came with manik's order was shocked by the huge tip manik gave him. Thanking God he vanished while manik closed the door and headed upstairs in his room to have his dinner with a happy face, after a long time.

****

So that's all for now. Hope you guys liked it.

IMPORTANT :

As most of you have given me opinion of making manik CEO so manik will be CEO only. I hope none of the readers have any problem with it.

Thanks for giving your opinions guys. ❤❤❤

** don't forget to vote, comment and share **