twenty five

** nandani's pov **

With heavy eyes which I was sure were slightly red, I woke up. It was 5 am, darkness still evident in the sky. I didn't wake up deliberately, it was just that i didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Wrapping myself in shawl I walked with quite steps towards the balcony.

Wind gushed in, giving me chills but it was soothing in a way. I stared at the moon with thousands of thoughts. I was confused and that was making me frustrated. I had so many questions nagging me but had answer of none. I knew standing here won't help anyway as only he, only Manik could clear it.

But didn't have guts or to say I didn't want to face him cause I was afraid that the broken pieces of my heart I collected all this while will be shattered again and I wouldn't be able to hold those pieces together again. I was afraid that he would hurt me again. So I wanted to avoid him as much as I could though I knew it didn't seem to happen anyway as I was here sharing a room with me so much for avoiding.

But it was unavailable, I didn't have any option. I didn't have a say in that as Monster Manik was my boss so I had to listen to him no matter how much I would despise the whole idea. All I could do was to keep my mouth shut and do whatever he would say. Earlier I had this thought to trouble him to an extent that he would kick me out of the his company by himself.

But that was foolish, that was on impulse. If I would be kicked out by such a company which had huge reputation then for sure I won't be able to get job anywhere else. So later I decided to bear him for the time being and then I could always give my resign and walk away.

I rested my hands on railing, it was cold out here and I hoping for it to calm my nerves. I couldn't believe where we had led ourselves to, I couldn't believe all his love was an act which he did put up to win the freaking bet when all that while I actually was madly in love with him but somewhere in my heart I knew that the feelings hadn't gone for him till this date.

I still remembered, after our accidental kiss or to say mere brush of our lips. We didn't get to encounter each other for a long time. Time passed, semesters went by, we would see each other sometimes in canteen or sometimes in corridors. We wouldn't even spare a glance at each other, lets just say our first meet hadn't let a good impression so technically we disliked each other.

But our cold war and rare encounters stopped instead we started to meet often. Back then I was a sophomore and Manik was in his senior year. By this day even I didn't know what had brought him to me, yeah for sure it was the bet but how did it had started and all that I didn't know and with honesty I didn't have any interest in knowing about that nightmare either.

** pov over **

Nandini was indulged in her monologue that her eyes didn't caught the site of the time. It was 7 when she decided to have a glance at her mobile screen. But she was feeling way lighter now. The heaviness she was carrying in her heart seemed to be lessened for the time being.

Alone time had always been her healer. Heaving a sigh she grabbed her cloths from still unpacked bag and rushed into washroom. Manik opened his eyes lazily and yawned while streching his body, searching for nandini when he heard the sound of running shower.

** manik's pov **

I was wide wake but the laziness just won't go away so didn't stood up and kept laying on the bed. The moment door was creaked open I closed my eyes. I didn't know why but subconsciously I pretended to be asleep. Yeah ridiculous but I didn't that anyway.

I half opened my one eye to get a glimpse. She had her back towards me. She was wearing brown tank top and jeans, her hair left to flow. I shut my eyes hurriedly as I felt her turning may be sensing me gawking. I snuggled to cover my face slightly under the duvet, embarrassed in fear of being caught.

" coming..", nandini said as I heard her footsteps going away. I peeped and found her unlocking the door and there was Soha with a goofy smile as she might be asking nandini to join them for breakfast as it was going to strike 8.

" haha got you.", and with this I was rolled off from bed and my butt kissed the hard floor, too good to be good morning wasn't it.

" wake up sleepy head.", soha winked and took nandini with her.

I huffed but stood up anyway. It wasn't like I was actually sleepy so I went to balcony to take some fresh air before going to bath. Breakfast had been set up in open, it was more like picnic and I was sure that Priti, little sister of Soha would have suggested that. Everyone was having a good time they were talking and eating but my heart pumped up at the her smile.

Nandini was smiling while talking in animated gestures with Soha. She was laughing at some joke which I was sure would be lame cause hell if Soha could crack actually funny jokes. But Nandini seemed to have time of her life.

I still wonder how did I was so lucky to meet her. And Infact how was I lucky enough for her to fall for me, for a monster. I had spent my 1st year in a college of Pune as my father Raj Malhotra was sick and wanted to spend sometime with me too. So my freaking so called mother Nayonika agreed to let me go or it was more like I stomped my way out after declaring that I was going to meet dad.

But like the selfish person she was, my frequent visits to her at S.P.A.C.E never stopped as she had only me to communicate with dad. And besides I had normal going there cause I get to meet rest of the FAB 5 that way. We had been together since childhood. We all used go to same school and we were inseparable until I had to spend my 1st year of college in Pune.

But after that one year I was back to S.P.A.C.E and already everyone had fear of FAB 5 which we used to enjoy to no extent. But in a way it was our way to protect ourselves, we never left each other's side so no one could hurt us because we showed cased ourselves as strong but inside we were vulnerable children with distorted families.

I was with Aliya since high school and we were like best couple back then and it wasn't hard to be become popular college sweethearts too. But now that I looked back at it, it never had to work out cause our relationship was for of a displayed show for other to enjoy, for others to gossip about and moreover the fact that I never loved Aliya. And I realised it when her eyes held with mine, when nandini held me captive in her brown doe like eyes.

I couldn't have guessed that the girl who dared to stop me from bullying her back and white friend will capture my heart someday. We literally couldn't look eye to eye at each other. We used to ignore one another and fortunately or unfortunately we didn't have any class together with each other until I decided to join drama club in my senior year and it was when all that started, the bet began.

• • •

So that's all for now. Hope you guys liked it.

So guys how are feeling, finally I am letting all past out. 😉😉 Excited to know more about their past. Well it surely has a lot of things. So I have started to spill the beans guys, hope it will boost your interest in story. Don't forget to share you opinions in the comment section. And hey do notice that I haven't ended MANIK'S POV, means it will be continued in next chapter too and more things will be revealed.. 😉😉

 😉😉