twenty two

Sun was shining bright outside. It was still daytime manik was driving while nandini looked outside the window as she didn't wanted to talk to him. Both were there sitting quietly, none of then said a word. Atmosphere was thick and tensed around them.

Nandini completely ignored manik and continued to admire the view which apparently didn't had much to admire just trees and empty road but it was better than talking to manik. So she did that. Manik wanted to speak to hear, he opened his mouth to say something but closed it everytime, not knowing where to start.

** manik's pov **

It had been one hour since I was driving and till now both of us hadn't even looked at each other even. Actually I was sneaking glances but she didn't bother to look back. She was still pissed me like she was in the morning. Had I done something, and I didn't even know?!

Her eyes had started to drop by now. I knew it would happen. She was getting bore, my presence was inconsiderate and aside form that she had always loved sleeping in car. I remembered one time I had asked her about the reason too. As it wasn't something common to enjoy sleeping during drive.

"Iit feels so overwhelming, wind brushing your face and the soothing sounds you hear on the way. It releaxes my mind." she had said back then and I had only shook my head and smiled at her.

For me she was one of her kind. I had never met a girl like her and I was certainly sure that I will never be able to either. She always had her those cute theories and reasonings which used to leave me awestruck and I fell for her more than before. I glanced at her, her head was resting on the window and her open hair had covered half of her face.

Her hair were swaying with the blowing wind I tired to restrain me urge to put her hair strands behind but how could I, it was next to impossible for me. Her face was glowing golden as yellowish orange sun rays were falling over her face through window. I raised my one hand slowly to brush her hair strands behind.

" ummm.." she moaned as few hair strands tickled her and my hand was stopped in mid air while my body slightly tilted towards her. My eyes met hers as she opened them due to ticklish feeling.

" damn" I muttered and hastily turned car towards left and sighed as we didn't end up getting crashed with the car which came from opposite side but I was to engrossed in beauty of my girl to notice it. The turn was sharp which in result caused nandini to jerk in my direction and next I knew was her lips lingering on my right cheek.

Sensual touch of her lips over my cheek left a shiver in spine and I stared at her ignoring the fact that it had happened even less then for a second and now she was sitting back at her seat properly with her face turned towards window but I still stared at her for a minute at her and if I wasn't wrong I saw her cheeks tinted pink, she was blushing. And I smiled lightly at it.

" stop staring!" nandini exclaimed with annoyance evident in her voice.

" I wasn't staring at you." she caught me, damn. But I wasn't going to admit and averted my gaze quickly.

" when did I say you were staring at me. I just asked you to stop staring. " this time she smirked.

" still I clarified. Cause I have no intentions of staring at you I was looking at rear view mirror of your side." I retorted and chuckled. I knew I had hit at the right place.

" haha yeah, like I believe. Who was the one, with his hand in mid air and eyes on me that he had forgotten to even notice the coming car. " she had turned her face to me now. And her eyes were challenging me to deny the stated.

" umm, umm... About that.. I was.. was..... I had seen a spider at your face... Yeah a spider. So I thought of throwing it away. "I fumbled with words but manged to give an excuse. Well a terrible one.