sixteen

Nandini maintained a stern face and for milli second looked at the glass wall. And there manik was hugging a girl with a big smile on his face. And she regreted instantly, looking at the glass wall, looking at him wasn't a good idea. And her broken heart broke once again if it was even possible.

" how can I trust you manik when your words and actions are contrary, how?" was all nandini thought.

The girl was smiling while looking at manik to which he anticipated with his bright ones and nandini felt a pang of jealousy. Nandini wanted to go in his cabin and pull that girl and manik apart from their didn't seem to end hug. Her breathing was getting raged in anger.

** nandini's pov **

Here a moments ago he dropped a note apologising for the crap he said to cabir and was asking me to trust him, believe him. And now he was smiling like a maniac and wasn't stopping that girl. Hell she was getting to clinging, couldn't he see that. If glares could burn then this girl would have turned into ashes with mine.

After what felt like eternity to me, they broke the hug. But I wasn't paying them any attention anymore, okay may I was but I wasn't showing it as I had no mood of messing my head for the boy who didn't care. So I had started working, I was looking at the progress files when I felt like someone was looking at me and the intensity of the stare was so strong that it made me look in their direction.

Manik was looking at me and the leech. Okay well I mean the girl was sitting beside him, giggling and talking in animated way with her hands gesturing. Manik's eyes lingered over me but I was quick to look away. I had no idea why he was staring at me and neither I was interested in knowing because right now, granted since the time I had met him.

He had been nothing but a complicated puzzle for me. And the idea of having a headache wasn't appealing so I didn't let myself bother about his sorry note and him talking to that girl with his damn smile flashing all his teeth like a tubelight. But somewhere down in my heart I knew that I was lying to myself, I knew it was affecting me.

Him talking like this to that who so ever girl was affecting me. She was looking beautiful in dark blue knee length dress which had a sweetheart neck, the dress was simple but her body wore it with even more elegance and it didn't help anyhow except fueling my jealousy. She was gorgeous while here I was sitting black jeans and shaggy red top.

Her hair were puffy and short till her neck, curled at the ends while I had long hair till my waist but tied in a messed up bun. It was more like someone had pulled my hair out of it. All and all I was this ugly girl and she seemed to be the most beautiful one. I hated it how myself esteem would come falling down when ever I look at both of them, manik and that girl. They looked so, perfect.

And not only that the way manik was having a smile all the time while talking to her made me question if he had smiled that way when he and me used to talk, used to spend time toghter. Granted, he used to have that big grin on his face when ever he was with me but then again was it real or he was just pretending that way was just acting to win the stupid bet unlike with that girl it seemed genuine to me.

I didn't know was that smile and all his emotions were real for me or not and nor I was ever going to be able to know either because I would not let him enter in my life again not the way we had become. He broke my heart and there way noway in the hell I would forgive him till my last breath. He once again looked at me with a sad smile but I didn't budge and continued analysing the file.

He was my boss, CEO of the company and I was his PA and that would be the only relation we will be having from now on. That too only for a year because after that I will resign and will look for a job where he won't be around. I took in a deep breath and focused my attention back to the file.