nine

Sun had shown, screaming the start of the day. Most of the people in the city were out of their houses, going at their works and children going to school. There was hustle bustle all around like a normal day.

But was everything normal?

Nah! For nandini nothing was normal. She was still in her bed covered with bedsheet and snoring heavily. Navya was calling her from downstairs while preparing breakfast but after getting frustrated out of calling nandini all most thousands of times, she went up stairs.

She tried the knob and door opened smoothly without and creaking. She palmed her face at the site. Nandini's room was in a complete mess. Popcorns were all over her bed while pizza was lying on the floor and in the center nandini was on her bed, crumbled in sheet and was in deep sleep.

Splash!!

And navya emptied the whole jag of water on nandini and out the jug back at the bed side table. Nandini's eyes widened and she hurriedly sat on the bed in indian style with a glare which navya chose to ignore and smirked.

** nandini's pov **

I was completely drenched in water. Even water droplets were falling down from my hair. I looked at navya angrily but she just chuckled but raised my temper even more.

" navya why the hell you did that?" I was already frustrated because of yesterday's night [ A/N: I hope you guys remember that it had been just yesterday when nandini had gone on date with aryaman] and now this incredible start of the day.

Just great!

Navya looked at me I'm horror as if I was ghost but soon it was replaced with a smug smile and I waited for her to say something. She raised her invisible collar in self pride and winked at me.

" I just helped you nandini. You should thank me and here you are scolding me. What kind of friend you have given me God." navya chided in a dramatic way.

" oh... And how did you exactly help me?" I asked while standing up to take towel.

" By giving you a bath, you know. You were stinking like a sock, worn zillion times. " and she pinched her nose to close it.

" haha.. Well not that. But at least as you already have had your bath now you can change and go." added navya with a wink.

" go where navya? Have you drunk navya? " I teased her while I was still confused about where she was asking me to go.

" No, I have not. But I think you have. Madam have you forgotten today is your interview. " and after listening it even before navya could say anything further, I pushed her out of the room.

" Thank you navya. I love you. You are the best yrr." I said before closing the the door.

" yo navya, tell me something new dude. I know it already. " and I could imagine her chuckling.

Oh god I had totally forgotten about this interview thing due to... Well I wasn't in a mood to reminisce all that what happened yesterday so I dropped the topic there only and went to inside the washroom to have a quick bathe.
** pov over **

Nandini came down stairs and took the toast which navya was about to eat. Navya looked at her best friend with an open mouth while nandini just mumbled a sorry and grabbed the keys of her scooty.

She rushed out of the house, she started her scooty and zoomed away. She was driving hurriedly, on the way chanting Mantras so that God could save her from geeting fired out of the company even before getting employed.