twenty nine

" Nandini you go find something to eat in the kitchen. I will take him to the room." Nandini quietly agreed to Soha and made her way to the kitchen with her heart feeling heavy.

Nandini couldn't find something light to eat so she decided to quickly prepare porridge so he could take medicine afterwards. While there in room Soha went to washroom to soak a cloth in water to cover Manik's forehead. As Nandini was stirring the porridge she couldn't help herself but wonder what kind of relationship Soha and Manik shared.

Could it be one sided love?

Crush?

Ex?

First love?

She couldn't pinpoint it. She knew it shouldn't get affect by this afterall Manik was a no one to her now. But what was she feeling right now? She wasn't jealous right? She couldn't be. But then why her heart felt heavy when Soha took Manik to his room to take care. Why Nandini wanted to stop Soha and take care of Manik all by herself.

May be there was nothing to begin with but Nandini couldn't help but dwell over it. It was messing up with her mind weather she liked to admit it or not but she sure couldn't deny it.

** manik's pov **

My body was burning up when I was in car with Nandini. I saw her checking my temperature and being worried about me which made a smile. And I was damn sure I looked like a lunatic, smiling while my eyes could barely hold to stay open. That was all I remembered before it was all dark as I closed my eyes and rested.

" Nan...dini..." I tried to call for her with my thorat dry and voice coming out hoarse. I blindly attempted to reach for her hand.

I opened my eyes but nothing was clear. All I could see was a vague image in front of me as I felt a hand creasing my forehead before taking the damp cloth to soak the cloth again. As my vision started to clear, I saw Soha standing there staring at me and ready to kill cause I made her worried.

" You stupid, idiot, moron, jerk. You...you ugly flat ass. How many times do I need to tell you, TAKE. CARE. OF. YOURSELF." Soha yelled while softly hitting me.

This girl, Harassing even a sick person.

" Damn...... It hurts Soha." I said not meaning it. Her punches could do barely any damage to me. She face-palmed at my silly as her eyes crinkled and a smile crept on her lips making faint smile adore on my face too.

** pov over **

Manik and Soha were so busy talking to each other that they didn't even notice Nandini witnessing their banter and in her eyes their bond looked beautiful. Both of them seemed close to each that it felt like words weren't needed for them to understand each other.

She shook her head a little. It wasn't the time for this, she made herself understand. Besides it was his life and she didn't give two fucks about his life, but was that really the case. At least she was trying to convince her heart that was the case. She cleared her throat to make her presence known.

** nandini's pov **

I kept the tray which had a bowl full of porridge on the side table while Soha thanked me to which I smile back though I knew that smile was fake and just out of politeness. Soha was about to take the tray in her hands to give it to manik to eat it but Manik held her hand before she could reach for it. And I was sure my eyes burned holes at their linked hands. That freaking playboy. I huffed, darn annoyed.

" Yuck, Who eats bland porridge? Can't I have anything else." Manik whined which just earned him a smack on his shoulder.

" It's healthy eat it......" left my mouth before I could realise.