nineteen

It had been ten minutes since nandini had gone from the dance floor but manik was still standing there, rooted at his place, thinking what had happened just now. He couldn't figure out weather to be happy or to be sad cause he had reasons for both.

** manik's pov **

It was just magical, our dance was magical. Nandini was in my arms and the whole surrounding was blurred. My eyes couldn't see anything or anyone except nandini. She was looking so enchanting in dim blue lights. I could wish anything, I would have wished for this moment to end never and to last forever.

In the beginning of the dance she that cold wall around her and she wasn't looking at me instead was struggling to keep a little distance between us. But I didn't let that gap come. I held her close to me. Slowly slowly she let her guard down and I felt her warmth in her smile, in her hold. She wasn't resisting anymore and I was beyond happy about it.

Everything felt so perfect. She was looking so divin in that maroon dress, her long wavy hair were flowing in air with every turn and her smile well that would be death of me one day. I knew I sounded like a love sick guy with cheesy thoughts, cliche. But it was all I could feel in that moment.

Seeing her, I couldn't control my urge to kiss her. I bent a little to get a bit near to her. My fingers slided under her chin and raised her face to meet with mine. I could feel her hot breathes and my hear was thumping louder and louder with each passing second. My lips were quivering and our lips were just mere inches apart when the magic vanished and the happy moment ended.

She pushed me slightly just to stop me and I came back to reality. Her hands were still on my shoulder but as the voice of aryaman was getting more and more clear so her hands were sliding down and lastly she retreated her hands back as aryaman stood in front of us. I wanted to punch that aryaman and shoo him away. But my knuckles turned white as I clenched my fist tightly to control myself from beating the shit out him.

Nandini glanced at me, I glanced at her back. Eyes were filled with so many emotions what not even single word rolled out. She smiled at aryaman and I looked away. He held her hand and both got merged in crowd of the party.

** pov over **

Manik was boiling in jealousy. He was growing more and more frustrated so to chill himself out he went to the bar section of the party to drink until he would lose his senses to think anything so the picture of nandini and aryaman smiling, so the idea of nandini and aryaman being together would block out.

** nandini's pov **

I was standing with aryaman. He was talking about a cricket match and frankly I wasn't interested in that at all. I never liked cricket so I was getting bored but for his sake I was trying to show my interest. I couldn't stop but my eyes were roaming around, didn't know why.

But sadly I knew what my eyes were looking out for or for whom to be specific, manik. I hated to admit it but that was true, I wanted to see him specially after the what happened at the dance floor. I couldn't remove the picture of him nearing me out of my head. I was missing his secure hold, his embrace.

And I found him. He was there at a bar corner. Aryaman was still talking about that cricket match but I couldn't hear more. I needed to go and check on manik. When we were together, once I had told him to quite drinking and he had but I had no idea if he had started it again long back. I didn't want him to ruin his health so excused.

" aryaman, I want to go washroom."

"oh, okay let's go I will wait for you outside." aryaman started to walk towards washroom but I grabbed his hand and stopped him.

" nooo, I mean it's OK you stay here only, I will be back in 5."and I ran away without waiting for his reply.

I looked back to check if he followed me but luckily he didn't. I inhaled sharply when I was just few steps away from manik. There he was sitting on a stool, he seemed lost, his face was gloomy and he looked pale. It was like knife stabbing him seeing him in such condition.

My hills clicked as I approached him. His expression turned shocked when he found me standing in front of his stool. For a milli second he stared at me as if he wanted to say something, but he didn't. He diverted his gaze from, raised his hand and pushed me aside lightly.

" bring me cherry vodka sour..." manik ordered bartender.

" manik, what are you doing!!" my voice came more like a whisper.

" huhh!! drinking nandini obviously." he replied while swaying glass in front of me.

" please don't do this manik. Please don't drink. " I snatched the glass from him. He frowned and tried to take it back from me. By his dizzy eyes I could tell he already had many glasses but he still wasn't that drunk.

" why......?? Why should I listen to you. I want to drink and I will. Give me my drink back. " he tried again to it but I didn't let him.

" but... But.... You have stopped it... Then why..... Why again??" by now I wasn't able to control my tears from spilling. I blinked my eyes to not let the tears roll down my eyes.

" because..... You lied...... You left, you aren't here to shine for me. You were going to be with me forever hamesha but you left. And.... And now.... You..... You are with that caveman, with that aryaman." both anger and grief was in his voice I couldn't decide which was prominent.

" manik, please don't drink please. " I will always shine for you, I will never leave you. But those words at the end didn't come out of my mouth. I still wasn't ready to forgive him yet. So I just pleaded in hope he would listen to me and won't drink. And he listened.

He kept the glass on the slab and gave me a toothy smile. He stood, grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. He held my me by shoulder, I closed my eyes in anticipation and tear drops fell from my wet eyes. But manik's hand gently brushed my cheeks and wiped my tears away.

" don't cry nandini." he grinned, giving a full smile. He was looking very cute while trying to console me. A small giggle left my mouth at his antiques.

I held him, somehow after stumbling on each others feet we manged to till his room. Thanks to God that he wasn't that drunk otherwise how would I have brought him till his room. I made him lie on the bed and cover with him duvet.

I sat near him. I knew I shouldn't but I still did. My hands reached for his hair own their own accord and ruffled them, untangling his dark, black hair locks while he mummered my name. I was about to go out of the room when manik turned in sleep and held my hand.

I thought of taking my hand back but I didn't want to disturb his sleep so I let him. But inside my heart I knew that even I didn't want to leave him so soon. I just kept looking at him, adoring his perfect face. I bend and kissed his forehead. And let my lips linger for a little longer.

** pov over **

" nandini please come back." were the last words nandini heard manik murmuring before she walked out of the room.

****

So that's all for now. Hope you guys liked it.

A/N: sorry for the late update guys. I was caught up in my exams.

** don't forget to vote, comment and share **