twenty one

** nandini's pov **

I looked at my wrist watch, it was 11 now, was he going to come at all? Did he play a prank, well he was drunk so may be he did prank but when he had called we seemed to be sobered back then. What if something had happened to him on the way? I was frustrated earlier but now I was growing more worried. Was he okay?

Call him!

My sub consciousness told me and without giving it any second thought I reached for my mobile in my pocket. I pulled it out and called him. It kept ringing and ringing until the called was cancelled automatically.

Once again!

Twice!

Thrice!

Ten times!!

What was wrong with this monster? Why he wasn't picking up his calling everytime it rang but he didn't response. Had really something happened to him? Where was he now? Slowly nostalgia was creepy up, I wanted to see him. I wanted to get assured that he was all okay, that nothing was wrong with him, that it was just some stupid joke he was pulling on me.

My eyes were turning body was getting numb as I continued to look out from the window of our drawing room, my eyes searching for tall figure of manik. But till didn't show up till now. 11:15 am, where hadn't shown up till now. I kept shaking shaking my head to prevent any negative thoughts but it was just getting harder and harder.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even hear ringing of doorbell until navya went to open the door and called out for me. Reluctantly I dragged my feet till door. And there I saw him standing dressed in casual red shirt and black pants. Anger started to build up in me as I saw him all okay with a sheepish grin etched on face.

And here I was worried for this monster!

Navya looked shocked at the sight of the person on the front door. Oops well I hadn't told her anything of my encounter with manik and he being my boss. So her dropped jaw was expected and I knew that I had so much to clear out, to tell her when I will come back. But at least for now she didn't say anything.

" hello madhu-- navya." he was about call madhubala, no wonder. He was still arrogant monster manik. Navya greeted him witn bored look with her piecing eyes on me.

" good morning miss murty." so now he had nerves to act innocent. I ignored him and grabbing my bag I headed towards my car. And navya closed after we both stepped out of the home.

I could feel him star at me but I didn't turn to look at him. I walked till his car and got myself settled on the back seat of the car along with my bag beside me. I was about to close the door of the car of seat when his hand stopped it. What did he want now.

" what?" I asked rudely. Not in mood to talk to him let along look at him.

" am I your personal driver miss murty?" manik asked with his one brow raised. Damn him.

" no sir." I retorted with fake sweetness.

" then come and sit on the passenger seat, don't give impression of me being your driver okay miss murty." his smirk, he was annoying me now on purpose but I came out of the car anyway. I had no choice but to listen to this monster.

** pov over **

Nandini reached to open the passenger door the same time manik. Her hand was held under his. Both looked at each other. Manik had a smile while nandini quickly looked away. Manik wasn't removing his hand and when nandini tried to pull her hand out he tightened his grip around hers.