twenty six

• An important announcement at the end please don't skip it •

** manik's pov **

I couldn't have guessed that the girl who dared to stop me from bullying her back and white friend will capture my heart someday. We literally couldn't look eye to eye at each other. We used to ignore one another and fortunately or unfortunately we didn't have any classes together with each other until I decided to join drama club in my senior year and it was when all that started, the bet began.

" Manik do you have any mood to come down and have breakfast with us or are you planning to stare at Nandini from the window.", I was pulled out of my monologue when I heard Soha. She was looking at me with a slay smile cause she had caught me red handed. Granted she had guessed that I was head over heels for Nandini the first moment I introduced them but hell if she could ever leave a chance to not tease me about it.

" huhh?", I pretended not to know what she was pointing out.

" I mean you know the view will be better from next seat at the breakfast table.", she smirked at me.

" Ermm I am hungry. I am going down for breakfast.", without saying anything else I quickly rushed down to save myself from Soha. Cause I knew there was noway she was going to stop with her teasing after all she was enjoying it.

" Hungry for food. Yeah sure I believe. ", she yelled as she followed behind me. She mocked me like she was saying I wasn't hungry but wanted to see Nandini. However that was partially true I did want to see Nandini but my stomach was growling out of hunger too.

** pov over **

Everyone was almost done with their breakfast by the time Manik and Soha reached at the table as he had been late. They had started to go either back to their rooms or indulge in some other activities and like them any other person at the table Nandini was done with her breakfast too when suddenly her mobile rang.

Nandini was about to pick up the call when Manik snatched mobile from her hand as she watched him awestruck with open mouth before trying to get her mobile back from him.

** nandini's pov **

Arayman was calling and just when I was about to pick it up, Manik snatched my mobile. I could never understand what was always going on in this monster's head neither I was interested. I had stopped it long time, being curious about him. Since I settled in Delhi I was no longer that naive or may be stupid Nandini who always used to know more and more about Manik Malhotra. That stupid girl who used to love him.

On contrary right now I was getting irritated because of his pointless act. I was cursing him while I tried to take my phone back. But he had to that tall. He had his hand raised high in which he was holding my phone so I couldn't take it and looked at me with all seriousness which made me wonder why.

" You aren't on a vocation Miss Murty. So instead of taking call of your boyfriend at working hour as you already have had breakfast. You better now go and prepare list of things we would need to decorate the area.", I didn't know whether to believe his serious words that it was because of words or should I listen to muffled voice of my heart which slowly whispered he was jealous.

He wasn't jealous.

He couldn't be.

That cold hearted, selfish monster never had feelings for me to be jealous. I reminded myself that reality and shushed my heart. I would be in real big trouble if I would keep on listening to my heart. Just pump heart.