thirty six

[ Listen to BETTER MAN by - Taylor Swift ]

Fun fact - I was listening to this song while writing this chapter and damn the lyrics couldn't be anymore relatable for this...

-🍁-

Manik felt so numb it was as if at the moment his whole body had stopped working, as if he couldn't think of anything. He just stood there rooted at the place staring at nowhere in particular, his eyes blank from shock that it took him a few minutes to realise that Nandini had long gone back in her room. At least that's what he thought.

But little did he know that after the - almost - break - down Nandini had in front of him, she didn't want to go to room directly. The pent anger and feelings were eating her alive. She needed to let it out, let it all out. So instead of directly going to her or to say Soha's room as she should have, maybe. Her feet dragged to some other place. To be precise to an isolated corner of the porch.

Granted at this point the whole area was isolated because it was pretty late at night so everyone had gone to sleep or the least in their rooms. No one was outside to see Nandini bowling out her eyes like a waterfall and she was sure if she would cry anymore then it won't take long for the whole place to be submerged into her tears.

** nandini's pov **

Somone tapped on my right shoulder and it was so light that I barely felt it. I quickly wiped my tears away with the back of my hand so I won't look crazy or distorted. I wasn't okay but I need to pretend to play it cool so others won't know the emotional mess I was a minute ago.

" Aryaman..." my eyes turned glossy at his sight. I really wasn't expecting him here right now out of everyone else of course as I thought he had passed out in the name of sleeping, alchohol you know.

" What are you doing here?" I asked while trying not to stutter and give away my facade.

" Well you know someone was crying so loudly that I couldn't sleep." Aryaman replied as he got himself settled next to me.

" What! Who are you talking about? Was someone crying? I didn't know." I know he was talking about me yet I tried to act as if someone else. Nevertheless I wasn't wrong to have hope, hope that he hadn't caught on me being a wreck.

"Well you should ask that from the person whose having a running nose." I stared at him finding a faint smile on his lips as he slightly bopped my nose. I sniffed to stop my running nose just in case but that darn guy pranked me. I didn't have a running nose so I smacked him.

"You idiot I don't have a running nose. " I yelled while continuing to his chest.

" Hahaha okay okay. You don't, but you sure have a cute little red nose right now." he held my hands preventing me from hitting him anymore. It wasn't even like my punches were causing him anyway.

"Now will you tell me why were you crying?" Aryaman asked me all of a sudden getting me totally off guard. I glanced at him to see him serious now his seconds ago joyful self gone.

Don't tell him.

You should, get it all out.

Don't hold back anymore.

What if he would laugh at you for being a fool to fall for such an asshole?

What if he pity you? That's not what you want right.

What if he understands you?

What if you feel relieved after telling it to someone finally.