thirty nine

- Warning : keep tissues with you -

Soha patted Aryanman's back feeling bad for the guy who was trying hard to hold his whimpers as he sobbed lightly to not to make a scene as people were chatting with each other, dancing and vibing to the music while some munching on any dish they found appetising contrary to the mood three hearts were in, fucked and distorted.

It was evening by now. The night sky filled with millions of stars shining above the wedding venue. The venue decorated with pretty fairy lights glowing and adorned by beautiful flowers leaving their sweet smell making the everyone happy and giddy at joy. Expect a few. Aryanman decided it was better to blend in crowd, Manik both and Nandini tried not to cross each other's path during the whole thing.

"What are you doing here Mr Grandpa?" Manik jumped at his seated when Soha decided to give him shock by showing up behind him all of a sudden while grinning to herself after mocking him.

"Come on don't be so grumpy and enjoy a little." Soha knew Manik was sad because of the whole scenario that had unfolded yesterday but digging it right now wasn't the best time so tried to lighten up his mood. Neither she wanted to remind him of that hurtful memory at the moment nor she wanted to ruin it for her brother's wedding.

"Soha..." she bid Manik bye as someone was calling for her so after giving him a reassuring smile she disappeared into the crowd.

** manik's pov **

I had no idea what I was doing just swirling pasta in my fork having no plan of devouring it anytime soon. I didn't want to be here at the first place like back then I much fucking hell I was excited to spend some time alone with Nandini away from office and other things but who knew it will end up going down hill.

My life had always been going haywire.

My mind going around in circles stuck in the loop of all those memories. The flashes of all those time they spent together, how they had met in canteen while she had attempted to save her best friend Navya from me. It was the first time when they parallel worlds had crossed coincidently.

I hate you she had said. Good cause the feeling is mutual was what I had replied not knowing how there was going to be a twist of fates, proving us at the end.

Being dared to make her fall in love with me only to humiliatingly break her heart later had sounded enthralling and hilarious back then, the challenge giving me adrenaline rush.

Joining drama club to get closer was the best idea to win the bet but could have guessed my heart will find way to hers.

Shame was what I felt to tell her the truth, the truth that if not for the bet we wouldn't have been together.

Those flickering lights in the party and them high on alcohol, mistake aas bound to happen.

Door was locked.

Warning bells going wild.

Closing distance, heavy breathes falling at our faces mingling with one another as if one. The room getting hoter and hoter with each minute.

I captured her lips slowly, teasing her into a sweet kiss holding her arms up as I pressed our bodies against the wall.

The kiss was like a slow burn. A slow burn of passion igniting heated desires I don't even realise we had for each other until now.

Lust taking over.

My hand around her waist now going down and down, lower and lower while his other hand unzipped her dress.