seventeen

" Cheers everyone, enjoy the party." everyone yelled cheers as manik announced the beginning of party. Everyone was having fun in their own ways. Some were drinking, some were dancing, other were gawking at food. But manik didn't bother to pay attention to any of them.

His eyes just remained at the entrance all the time no matter if he was indulged in an conversation with someone or alone. But he didn't look from at entrance. He was just waiting the that one person to come for whom he had kept this party.

** manik's pov **

Though all the people present here in the party thought it was because I had become the new CEO. But I knew what it was for. It was just an excuse to meet nandini for me. I hadn't decided on throwing a party at all until I saw her in that conference hall.

I was still looking at the entrance, waiting for her to show up. But may be she wasn't going to come. And I wasn't surprised by that fact at all. Cause I knew she was angry on me and was trying to ignore me. Not coming in the party was the best and easiest way to ignore me.

Had I really lost her?

Even my conscious was afraid to answer it. Cause somewhere deep down in my heart I was sure and may be I had. But I didn't want to accept it. Yesterday when 8 had reached home. I found cabir on my sofa with his mouth stuffed with macaroni.

God it would be end of the earth when cabir would say no to food.

I had cursed in my mind to myself thousands of times thinking of the time I had given him the spare key of my flat. May be I shouldn't have had then he hadn't arrived last night to talk to me about what he saw or to pe specific to whom he saw in my cabin. I didn't want to talk about nandini but as the stubborn cabir had been. He was ready with his all food and beer to listen the tragic story of my life.

I told him everything. That how wasn't aware that nandini worked in this company and how she was ignoring me. Cutting off the part where I gave her those roses and where I teased her. Well I didn't want to scare cabir with that piece of information and besides it was something to be kept between us. Between me and nandini.

The first reaction of cabir was laughing. He laughed at my poor fortune. Wow what a friend. He then had cleared his throat and calmed himself down. "look manik. I don't know what happened between you and nandini. But all I know is that since the first time in the college you had met her. Since then I had never seen you so much happy and so much in love. Ever before. So Mr majnu if you think fighting for nandini, fighting for you love is worth it. Then don't back out. Man she is angry with you so her being hostile is obvious. She will push you away from herself, she will scream at you, she might punch you or might shed tears in alone. But she won't let you break her heart. She will try every possible way to kick you out of your life. But if it is worth then don't ever give up. Sometimes you might think what she is doing is what you deserve. And not may be but you surely do deserve that. But you deserve a second chance too. "

If she is worth fight for her.

Hell yes.

The moment cabir had said that, I had kept my beer aside and embraced him in a bone crushing hug. He hadn't just given me the best advice but he had just said what my ears were longing to hear. When before pulling out of the office I had seen that same guy with nandini in the parking. I broke. And felt like I should give up but my heart desperately wanted to hear that no don't let her slip, fight for her. And cabir's word had given me the determination, the strength I had lost after seeing nandini with that guy. Damn I even didn't know his name. Not like I care to know though.

" oh shit man." yelled cabir as someone spilled cold drink on his shirt. I laughed when my eyes landed back to the entrance and there she was. Finally. I had been feeling like eternity and I was getting she won't come by every passing minute until she showed up lastly. And the wait was worth. She was looking breath takingly beautiful in a black maroon knee length dress. She had left her hair open just the way I had loved them to be always.